Thread: Umhlanga Next Week 01/12 - 03/12?

Default Umhlanga Next Week 01/12 - 03/12?

Hi All,
    I'm going from Jhb down to Umhlanga next week (Mon 1/12 to Wed3/12, and would like give the saltwater a first try... either surf/rock fishing, or a 3 or 4 hr boat charter.

Firstly: any tips for flyfishing off the beach or rocks at Umhlanga? (where is best? what fish to target?)

Second: I contacted ***** Charters and they offer 3 and 4 hour fly-fishing charters with mainly Dorado and Snoek on the menu at this time of year. It's R2000 for 3hr and R2250 for 4hr, for the boat. Too pricey to go alone, so anyone keen to split the costs? (with 2 people cost still a bit high for my wallet, but could push it with 3. 4 people would be better cost-wise but boat may be a bit crowded...?). Know of any other charters that offer flyfishing?

Third: will a 9wt handle a dorado (should I get so lucky)?

Cheers
    Andy
    Last edited by Grunter; 26-11-08 at 10:46 AM. Reason: not sure if it breaks the rules by stating the company name

Hi Andy

I am going to Umhlanga in a couple of weeks, I was just wondering if you were able to get out back in 2012 and if you can offer any advise on how where and when?

Cheers,

Jan