Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: catedral peak river is it fishless???

Quote Originally Posted by dizzy View Post
    Ja ek weet!
    Hey, we had a break in the cloud this week, actually managed a bit of a sun tan.

Those were the good ol days - hehe.
    You been out there recently?
    I haven't been there since Easter last year. Apparantly going there alone is quite dodgy nowdays
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

maybe it was one of those days where the pressure dropped, and the fish hid away and you used the wrong flies and there was and fly fisher 100m in front of you that waded like an elephant and you just happened to have micro drag on all the drifts and the tippet was to thick and the fish showed you a lekka long middle finger. That is all why you did not catch any fish.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    I haven't been there since Easter last year. Apparantly going there alone is quite dodgy nowdays
    what are you talking about here. cathederal peak is as safe as possible.its the one place i don't feel like i'm watching over my shoulder. thats why i raving about this river. maybe i should have shut up.now everyone else knows my riverX.

if you are talking about waterval boven then that could be another story. but that's not the thread discussion

Quote Originally Posted by garyatstealth View Post
    what are you talking about here. cathederal peak is as safe as possible.its the one place i don't feel like i'm watching over my shoulder. thats why i raving about this river. maybe i should have shut up.now everyone else knows my riverX.

if you are talking about waterval boven then that could be another story. but that's not the thread discussion
    Gary, sorry but Dizzy was asking me about a stream that he introduced me to,as an addendum to his reply to a post of mine.
    I apologise profusely (sp) FOR HIJACKING the thread for one post, and promise to never, ever, stray off one of your topics again,
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    Gary, sorry but Dizzy was asking me about a stream that he introduced me to,as an addendum to his reply to a post of mine.
    I apologise profusely (sp) FOR HIJACKING the thread for one post, and promise to never, ever, stray off one of your topics again,
    Cr*P i have done it again. i didnt understand the context of your comment.so its my turn to appologise. i reacted to the safety issue. we barely have enough safe places to fish and i don't want to create the impression that cathederal peak is unsafe.

Quote Originally Posted by Korrie View Post
    maybe it was one of those days where the pressure dropped, and the fish hid away and you used the wrong flies and there was and fly fisher 100m in front of you that waded like an elephant and you just happened to have micro drag on all the drifts and the tippet was to thick and the fish showed you a lekka long middle finger. That is all why you did not catch any fish.
    you'r probably right, will have to go back again and recheck this stretch again.

Cripes you guys are more sensitive than a deflowered 17yr old the morning after prom night.

I think it's Karma Gary, you keep ignoring me about my Bomber ... the fish keep ignoring your fly.

On a serious note, if you do go back and are concerned about the fish and wether they are present or not, take a throw net with. Work your way upstream covering pockets and the deeper water ... sample the river, worst case you get an answer to your question of wether there is fish or not.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlie" - Ago 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Scythe View Post
    Cripes you guys are more sensitive than a deflowered 17yr old the morning after prom night.

I think it's Karma Gary, you keep ignoring me about my Bomber ... the fish keep ignoring your fly.

It could be a case of a bad memory or selective hearing/reading. please refresh my memory.

Ok, let me get you a subtle reminder of our previous conversations:

GIVE ME A 7WT BOMBER TO BETA TEST YOU FOOL, I'ts nearly christmas !

By way of return, I'll write up a magazine article on premium quality tools for SM and LM on streamers & buggers

Anyway, back to serious conversation, take the throw net with next time, yes it will be a schlepp but at least it will answer your question.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlie" - Ago 2014.

FlyFanatic Banned User

Was at the Northern Drakensberg this holiday, went on drive to Cathedral Peak. On the way there i was sitting there drooling over this amazing river winding along the road.. and wondering if there maybe is some fishies left that have not been eaten by the locals

would be really nice to know if there is fish, especially close to the resort past the second gate, as that would make it safer.

so have you got some answers yet gary? are there fish in that river?

P.S. I would also like a STEALTH rod to test, 5wt please, will GAMMA test to the yellows on Vaal River!! hehe!! Then i shall write a report on "affordable STEALTH rods for Yellowfishing the Vaal"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast