Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Best fishing so far

It's ok - I still have your group pic.

And now for the pics from the fish's perspective.

The venue was eendekuil, at the last run under the big willow tree just left of the dead bluegum. I used two mustard caddis droppers and a hotspot, a 10 foot TFO rod and 6 weight rio floating line. The Hat is by Rogue, the shirt by Jeep and the picture by my friend John Stamos.
    Last edited by redhumpy; 03-12-08 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by redhumpy View Post

The venue was eendekuil, at the last run under the big willow tree just left of the dead bluegum. I used two mustard caddis droppers and a hotspot, a 10 foot TFO rod and 6 weight rio floating line. The Hat is by Rogue, the shirt by Jeep and the picture by my friend John Stamos.

.....PRICELESS!!!!! love your work

Come on, put them pics back even with the strange sun cream effect, the fish was nice, it is sad to see that people cant take some friendly fun anymore.
    PK

I am haunted by waters - Norman Maclean

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Max View Post
    Hi,
    Just thought I would share a nice story. I went to the Vaal near Potch for a long weekend. Boy did we have fun!

We left PTA late on Thursday afternoon and only arrived at the venue around 10. So, Friday morning headed to the rapids for our first session. The weather was cloudy, but warm. I headed to the first set of rapids and within 5 minutes the first fish was landed. A beauty of 1.2kg. Continued an caught two more. As the rest of my fishing buddies entered the water I decided to move on. That is when the fun started. Two things that always amaze me is where the fish are found (right in the rapids), and how such a small hook (#14 - #16) can catch monsters. What is it they say, "you can catch a big fish on a small hook, but you can not catch a small fish on a big hook".

I casted into a shallow glide just below a small section of rapids, and fish on. I could instantly feel this fish had some wait behind it. After almost losing it a couple times in some grass it took off down stream. After a few minutes decided I had to follow as I was worried my backing was not going to be enough. Landed the fish after a good 10 minute fight. What a beauty.

Took some pic's, revived the fish an headed back to the glide. Five casts later, fish on. Same story, except I saw the fish in the clear water and almost @#$^$ myself. I knew this was going to be a long fight. Same story, had to eventually follow the fish down stream, but managed to land it.

Headed back to the glide, but cast into the rapid and fish on. Same story, long fight and headed down stream.

Now you might wonder what makes these fish so special. Well to start, how does a 3kg, 3.4kg and a 3.5kg model sound. How about they were cough consecutively. How about all within 1 hour.

I must say I did not catch a lot of fish during the weekend. Only managed to land 27. What is concerning is I lost +-45 due to grass or total break off. Most fish were between 1kg and 2.5kg, so it was more of a quality fish than quantity.

See some of the trip pic's and enjoy. We surly did.

Last thing, two guys were Vaal virgins and both managed some fish. How rewarding.
    Sounds like good fishing! Where's the pics.

Quote Originally Posted by gkieser View Post
    *ring... ring....*

"Err... Hello?"

"SEVEN DAYS!!!"
    HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

That slayed me!

Max : We were all just playing with you, remember, jealousy makes people nasty

Great fish though!!
    Last edited by markdej; 03-12-08 at 10:07 AM.
    "All you need is ignorance and confidence and the success is sure." - Mark Twain

Mad Max if you took any offence to my post then I do appologise, I'm sure none of the comments were made in bad taste!?,mine certainly wasn't, we're all just having some fun man! How misserable would this world be if we can't laugh at each other and OURSELVES so come on put them pics back on and give the rest of the guys that haven't seeen them a good chuckle

Ps. Surely you had to have known that you were gonna take some flack for those?!?!?

The only time to be shy is when you are playing #00'7x on the vaal...

hehehe
    "All you need is ignorance and confidence and the success is sure." - Mark Twain

bwaharharhar, humpy - you da man
    Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery element are made for wise men to contemplate, and for fools to pass by without consideration - Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by redhumpy View Post

Jup, that is how I imagine the poor fish would prefer being posted in public forum after being fooled into believing that a few feathers and other fly tying bits and pieces are a food item. they must be totally imbarrased(sp)
    PK

I am haunted by waters - Norman Maclean

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast