Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: CDL Parachute Dry Fly

Default CDL Parachute Dry Fly

Hook: Gamakastsu C12U/B #16
    Thread: Danville 70 Denier 6/0
    Tail: Genetic Cock Hackle - Brown
    Body/Dubbing: Diamond Brite Hare's Ear
    Hackle: Coq de Leon

Last edited by smallstreams.co.za; 20-12-08 at 01:51 PM.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

That's nicely done Mario. Like that diamond brite hares ear dubbing stacks.

Dave
    Last edited by poppernel; 20-12-08 at 02:15 PM.
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Nice edible you have there Mario - gonna try my hand at him...

Quote Originally Posted by poppernel View Post
    That's nicely done Mario. Like that diamond brite hares ear dubbing stacks.

Dave
    Will take some pics of the different colours and post when there is sunlight ...
    Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Damn, if only I had that one today. Nice fly Mario. There was a post some while back about the difference, if any, between paint brush fibres and CDL. Well, I must admit the CDL definately makes a difference for me. I'm going to tie this fly tomoro and hopefully Morne does'nt see the post
    Thanks
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by rols View Post
    Damn, if only I had that one today. Nice fly Mario. There was a post some while back about the difference, if any, between paint brush fibres and CDL. Well, I must admit the CDL definately makes a difference for me. I'm going to tie this fly tomoro and hopefully Morne does'nt see the post
    Thanks
    Thanks Rols.

I still cannot get around the concept of being able to use the brush fibres as hackle/wing Tails yes, but wound hackle????

If you tie some, let me know if they worked for you. They work very well for me.
    Mario Geldenhuys

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    Thanks Rols.

I still cannot get around the concept of being able to use the brush fibres as hackle/wing Tails yes, but wound hackle????

If you tie some, let me know if they worked for you. They work very well for me.
    Sorry Mario. The thread was, or topic was about brush, compared to CDL for tails. Seeing your mention of the hackle, reminded me how stunning the fibres are.
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

I would like to see a fly tied with paint brush fibres for the hackle.
    I find they are to rigid and when the fly lands on the water the fibres pierce the surface. Using natural fibres for dry flies is still the best they have natural movement and color, that no man made product can reproduce.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I would like to see a fly tied with paint brush fibres for the hackle.
    I would like to see HOW a fly is tied with paint brush fibres for the hackle.
    Mario Geldenhuys

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    I would like to see HOW a fly is tied with paint brush fibres for the hackle.
    He's probably confused and means for the tail?
    "We all fish for our own enjoyment - me for mine and you for yours, nobody can say what is right and what is wrong." - Jim Leisenring

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast