Thread: Shamwari's 10 Species and 1st Tiger on fly...

Blog Entries

Default Shamwari's 10 Species and 1st Tiger on fly...

Hey Chaps...thought I would share this special fish with you guys...my 10th Species on fly and my 1st Tiger...not a trophy..but not that that bothers me in anycase...this is an awesome foooshy!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Well done Boet...and not to worry, the big ones will come. Besides, the Levuvhu river is not everyone's chosen destination for tigers. Reckon your one of the first fly fishers to catch one there!

Cheers
    Mike

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Well done Boet...and not to worry, the big ones will come. Besides, the Levuvhu river is not everyone's chosen destination for tigers. Reckon your one of the first fly fishers to catch one there!

Cheers
    Mike
    I think there have been others...that place is just up my street..I am crazy bush-baby...so I will go back there for sure....when it is a bit cooler though
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

VWD, nice going...
    Mike McKeown

You're either fishing or waiting...

Nice one Shamwari, when did you fish the river? How's the water level/clarity at the moment? There are some nice tigers in that river, but takes a while to find them. Did you see any large scale yellows in there?
    stupid username, I know...
    Shawn

Very lekka Shammers! Well done on the list and the first african Piranha
    Regards
    Adrian

'Life is not a matter of holding good cards but of playing a poor hand well.' ~Robert Louis Stevenson

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a man and a dog.~ Mark Twain.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by srt007 View Post
    Nice one Shamwari, when did you fish the river? How's the water level/clarity at the moment? There are some nice tigers in that river, but takes a while to find them. Did you see any large scale yellows in there?
    I fished the river in Dec. The clarity was good, but later on during the day, the levels rose and clarity decreased. I saw plenty tigers...flies with red...100%....I only managed to get that one fish...had plenty strikes from smaller Tigers. I did see fish of approx 3kg's croozing but they wer not interested. I was also using intermediate line to get the fly down.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SaGixer View Post
    Very lekka Shammers! Well done on the list and the first african Piranha
    Thanks mate

Well done Shammers!
    Et1

To fish is human,
    to throw back is divine