Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Italian Mosche dei Facocchi style dry flies

Default Italian Mosche dei Facocchi style dry flies

I noticed an interesting article in the Feb edition of the UK mag Flyfishing and Fly Tying regarding a technique of fly tying, though the hook is added later. Basically, the body of the fly consists of woven monofilament to achieve a realistic transparent fly. See the photo attached.

Though Danilo Lazzarini was not the originator of this tying technique, he is responsible to bringing it to the attention (after keeping it secret for a number of years).

Here is a link to an Italian website, if you click on the links to the left, it will take you though the tying process

http://www.moschefacocchi.it/il_segr...cocchi.htm.htm
    Fly-fishing surpasses the need to actually catch a fish, it becomes a mindset, and with time, an obsession.

Lord,grant that I may catch a fish so big that even I,
    When speaking afterwards,
    May have no need to lie.
    Amen

Some more images
    Fly-fishing surpasses the need to actually catch a fish, it becomes a mindset, and with time, an obsession.

May have no need to lie.
    Amen

Thats a fantastic idea and looks very realistic. I'm sure one will get great results on those

Thanks for the heads up.

Very artistic way!! Nice find!! Keep them comming.

DAVE
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Sorry, but am I the only one that do not speak or read the Italian language? I looked at the website as given but can not follow.
    "Vermoëns is wat mens in staat is om te doen... Motivering, bepaal wat mens doen... Gesindheid bepaal HOE mens dit doen.." ¬ Lou Holtz

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Sorry, but am I the only one that do not speak or read the Italian language? I looked at the website as given but can not follow.
    Same here. Maybe they're still trying to keep it a secret
    "Sometimes one pays most for the things one gets for nothing" - Einstein

Very nice......but it flippin complicated! I checked out that site and let me tell you, it's going to take some practice to get that right.

This method has been around for a while but it's been kept secret. Danilo was taught this method 12 years ago by two brothers who had created it and up until recently they were they only 3 people in the world that knew how to do it.

Unfortunately Danilo's website is the only one that I have found on the subject (he's Italian) and probably doesn't want to give away too many trade secrets just yet. I thought it might make for an interesting post or stir up some creativity ;-)

May have no need to lie.
    Amen

Quote Originally Posted by Gael View Post
    This method has been around for a while but it's been kept secret. Danilo was taught this method 12 years ago by two brothers who had created it and up until recently they were they only 3 people in the world that knew how to do it.

Unfortunately Danilo's website is the only one that I have found on the subject (he's Italian) and probably doesn't want to give away too many trade secrets just yet. I thought it might make for an interesting post or stir up some creativity ;-)
    For sure..........I'm going to try this tonight and see how it goes. Did you try this method before Gael?

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by frikb View Post
    Same here. Maybe they're still trying to keep it a secret
    Try Babelfish!

http://babelfish.yahoo.com
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast