Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Newbie

Cool Korrie, also want to walk down to the doring some time later this year. Nobody fishes there, in the middle of nowhere and boggerol.
    Some men go to church on Sundays thinking about fishing, others go fishing thinking about G0d.

If Korrie takes you there, you're not going to cut him up into little pieces and use him for that 40kg big barbel at night-time?

If you are, please let me know but you must thread his bits on 10/0 trebles.

Seriously, I reckon as you probably know, in those type of areas wait for the extremes of summer and winter to pass. Late autumn with semi-reliable flows and things should start happening.

Then we can put Korrie together again - or not.....
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

The Doring sounds good.
    As Chris mentioned, wait for the winter to pass.

The Doring can rise so high, that it white water in its most extreme.
    Have done a hike or two up there.
    When the water dropped a bit and cleared. It is super.

The interesting fact with the Doring, depending on where the most rains fall. Karoo or mountains the color changes completely with the runoff.

Let me know if you need a partner.
    Can tell you where not too go, as it can end up in a 10 hour walk not seeing any water as well. But the scenery was beautiful.

As for Chris and his twisted mind and fetishes, just ignore it, he might infect you with a terrible mind bending disease, which could be incureable. Or at best, a little relief which is only experienced after high voltage shocks.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Warm friendly HI dont be scares we sometimes dwell of the subject but its great here welcom....

PS im always game for big barbell he he
    You cant change yesterday but you CAN make a diferance in tomorow !!!

Bhawahaha! Chris, I'll first get all the advice out of Korrie, before I offer him to the yellow ***s. Yes the hight of summer not the time to go cruising down there..

Korrie, for two seasons now I sat on those cliffs drooling at the pools below, also noted the colour of the water, very interesting.never had the balls to walk down there by myself, so ye partner in crime needed, don'y worry you will be safe LOL.

Thanks Kabouter, nice fly box.
    Last edited by Chucky07; 09-02-09 at 08:59 AM.
    Some men go to church on Sundays thinking about fishing, others go fishing thinking about G0d.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2