Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425

Thread: BIG Leerie

Quote Originally Posted by Clintfly View Post
    Good Man... It takes practice not getting bust... Don't give up trying...
    The 17th... that's still 7 more sleeps... I find by putting stones on the windowsill and everymorning tossing one away helps not to loose focus...

Clint
    Baby steps...
    "I know that I was born, and I know that I'll die. The inbetween is mine...I am mine!" Eddie Vedder

Quote Originally Posted by deewy View Post
    Hey guys unfortunatly it wasnt me it would have if the basterd did not pull my f%$#@n braided loop off my line!!! That one was bigger than a meter for sure!!

Come guys i am as nuuskierig as a std 5 girl standing outside the little boys room
    Dont use braided loops .......!!!! They suck for big fish and also create a v on the surface. Use a uni knot to tie the but section to your fly line. I use 30lb Flourocarbon with a uni knot to the fly line and a perfection loop on the tippet end.
    Tight Loops

Quote Originally Posted by NEptuNE View Post
    Dont use braided loops .......!!!! They suck for big fish and also create a v on the surface. Use a uni knot to tie the but section to your fly line. I use 30lb Flourocarbon with a uni knot to the fly line and a perfection loop on the tippet end.
    Tight Loops
    Ooooh, I would tend to disagree about braided loops.

For anything from a 10wt and above, I will only use braided loops. Mind you I am not talking about the crappy 5cm long ones that you can buy, I'm talking about making my own 25cm long loops that have no less than 15cm of flyline stuffed up the core and a nailknot with 10lb mono holding it in place.

Never lost one yet or had one pull off.

The only reports I have heard of when loops have pulled off, have been from the bought ones.

For all estuary fishing, skipjack, leeries etc .. you don't need braided loops.

My 2c

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Cox View Post
    Just saw a video clip of the second one just landed- 65cm
    Well, post the damn pic then... dont keep us hanging.......

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Well, post the damn pic then... dont keep us hanging.......
    I think you must still be viewing one of the first postings of this thread Andre. It's ancient history mate
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Shelton View Post
    I think you must still be viewing one of the first postings of this thread Andre. It's ancient history mate
    Ja I realise that. I saw the last post on page 1, and thought it was the end of the thread. Luckilly I looked again as I was already packing my stuff to head down to Sandvlei. I thought, jeez , leeries in the rain.....well.
    I might just head down there anyway...have a few hours to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Ja I realise that. I saw the last post on page 1, and thought it was the end of the thread. Luckilly I looked again as I was already packing my stuff to head down to Sandvlei. I thought, jeez , leeries in the rain.....well.
    I might just head down there anyway...have a few hours to kill.
    We've been monitoring it. I hate to tell you you'll be wasting your time, but, who knows, you may just strike it lucky
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Quote Originally Posted by Jono Shales View Post
    Ooooh, I would tend to disagree about braided loops.

For anything from a 10wt and above, I will only use braided loops. Mind you I am not talking about the crappy 5cm long ones that you can buy, I'm talking about making my own 25cm long loops that have no less than 15cm of flyline stuffed up the core and a nailknot with 10lb mono holding it in place.

Never lost one yet or had one pull off.

The only reports I have heard of when loops have pulled off, have been from the bought ones.

For all estuary fishing, skipjack, leeries etc .. you don't need braided loops.

My 2c
    I agree with Jono........ All the Flycastaways boys fish braided loops, homemade ones, and these guys put more pressure on big fish than anyone sle on the planet.... watching Arno, Gerhard or Keith punish a GT is unreal... these okes take no prisoners, give no line and work these fish HARD... and they use braided loops.... Definetly the way to go in my opinion... but as Jono said, make them yourself, and make them LONG!
    *** TO RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT AND SPEAK THE TRUTH ***

Some people are like Slinkies.... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425