Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fish in the Klein Jukskei

Post Fish in the Klein Jukskei

I stay in Olivedale, near the Klein Jukskei, I have seen a Mr Whiskers swimming there once, but alas, no rod in the car at the time. Has anyone caught fish in the klein jukskei, and where are the deeper pools, apart from the weir close to leslie rd.

I walked a good part of the river a couple of weeks ago, but with all the rain that we have experienced lately, its not very settled and the silt levels are very high.

I am very confident that I will be catching Whiskers there soon, but any info on the lay of the river and tips on past experiences will be helpful. Besides it helps pass the time while I am out of country and just feverish, goig cold turkey while this far away from the water.

Hi Jacques,

I've PM'd you some info

Cheers, Chris
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

Wotcher, OMR...

Did you ever get a chance to have a go at the water down near Snowy's donkey wallopers?
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. H. L. Mencken

Every decent man is ashamed of his government.

I did last year but so far water is still far, far too murky. How about we visit when you are back here? When will that be? This could be followed by refreshments at Gil's - rather like last time!?
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

Back around end of next month so maybe worth giving it a go. Abseil off the highway bridge may be the best way to get there....

Killing the cholera no-see-ums with a couple of pints of Serious after definitely sounds like a plan.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. H. L. Mencken

I have seen cholera warnings on the banks of the Jukskei, coming out near the N1 highway, just below allandale rd. Is there an issue with cholera in the Klein Jukskei? I have been traipsing about in the water recently.... eish!!

Depends how much of it you swallowed and if you spat out the chunky bits or sucked all the goodness out of them first....

didnt swallow any, but glow in the dark p*ss isnt a good sign , is it? Especially while still in the bladder??

Quote Originally Posted by AquaBarbus View Post
    didnt swallow any, but glow in the dark p*ss isnt a good sign , is it? Especially while still in the bladder??
    When you drop your ''rods'' at night, do your ''balls'' light up???? If so, YOU GOT IT BAD!!!
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

or if the balls drop too....
    I'm not addicted to fishing, I can quit anytime my wife makes me!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast