Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Scotland 2009

Exclamation Scotland 2009

I would like to start the following thread asking the members for assistance and info that could help us preparing before we head of for Scotland early June 2009.

My first request.
    I am looking for a copy of a book written by Bruce Sandison called "Trout and Salmon, Rivers and Lochs of Scotland". It is a comprehensive guide about Scotland waters and more. Page 373 to 377 deals with fishing on Isle of Islay where the Commonwealths will take place. Do any one have a copy of this book.

For more info on both the World Champion Ships and Commonwealt please follow the following web pages
    http://www.worldflyfishingchampionships2009.com/

http://www.commonwealthflyfishingscotland.com/
    "VermoŽns is wat mens in staat is om te doen... Motivering, bepaal wat mens doen... Gesindheid bepaal HOE mens dit doen.." ¨ Lou Holtz

Lagavulin too - even nicer.

Not to mention Bunnahabain - some say it's a ladies drink but I thought it was very yummy.

Never fished Islay, most of my fishing was in the northen highlands. Good fishing, good drinking, bad weather!
    Life is a series of trout missions with that numbing feeling in between...

My Album

Not to be nasty to anyone, but can we possibly keep this thread constructive and productive. Please
    "VermoŽns is wat mens in staat is om te doen... Motivering, bepaal wat mens doen... Gesindheid bepaal HOE mens dit doen.." ¨ Lou Holtz

Competition fishermen - always so serious

I have some books on Scottish fishing Ian - I'll see what I can dig up about Islay.
    Life is a series of trout missions with that numbing feeling in between...

My Album

We need
    pictures of flies,
    maps of dams & hot spots
    sponsors financially & transport
    any info that is relevant that could assist me/us in Scotland

Please guys

Any one out there that maybe have some experience of the venues as mentioned on the web sites. or contacts for both the world championships and commonwealth?

Time is limited: 106days in counting

Sorry Kevin, that is not my intention but thanks for your help. It is highly appreciated.

Ian, a very good friend of mine and avid fly fisherman has been living in
    Scotland for the past year or so. I'll ask him if he's got any input. Where can I get the info on where you guys are going to be fishing?
    Fishing is just my thing. I don't know what it is but it seems that i just can't get enough of it.

See 1st post and PM

Ian - do you subscribe to any UK based mags? A few of them have regular fishing reports for across the UK as well as competitive fishing reports.

They go into quite a bit of detail ito: leader setup, how, when, where and what flies produced. The the technical detail is actually astounding if you compare it to one of our local mags (not a dis - I still support local).

They have diagrams and solid write ups about competition winners and how and what tactics they employed.

My advice is if you don't subscribe then go and pick up a few at your local newsagent.
    everyone is a "guru" these days - re

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    Ian - do you subscribe to any UK based mags? A few of them have regular fishing reports for across the UK as well as competitive fishing reports.

They go into quite a bit of detail ito: leader setup, how, when, where and what flies produced. The the technical detail is actually astounding if you compare it to one of our local mags (not a dis - I still support local).

They have diagrams and solid write ups about competition winners and how and what tactics they employed.

My advice is if you don't subscribe then go and pick up a few at your local newsagent.
    Or speak to Richard Wharton. He might sponsor you a few.
    Rudolph
    No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance.
    Confucius

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast