Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: On the Subject of Leerfish

Default On the Subject of Leerfish

On the Subject of Leerfish

With all the excitement surrounding Sandvlei and yes what a fantastic catch well done mate– just a reminder that the strand have some nice fish around.

And to think the season has only started

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag nee Juan , daar se jy nou vir hulle, nou gaan ons moet baklei vir 'n klip om op te staan.

Hi Guys,

Juat a quick question from the tourist, just in case I ever happen to be in the area when the Leerie fishing is on. Roughtly, Where is Sandvlei? I have a good idea of Where Strand is. Also, Is there and Leeries knocking around in the Surf in the Hermanus area?

Kev

Quote Originally Posted by juan View Post
    On the Subject of Leerfish

With all the excitement surrounding Sandvlei and yes what a fantastic catch well done mate– just a reminder that the strand have some nice fish around.

And to think the season has only started
    Lovely Fish Juan. I will be visiting your neck of the woods very soon. You won't find me at Blakes though. If you see a guy on one of the furtherest reefs to the left of Blakes......that will be me
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Hi Chris, you have the right idea there. I think its a matter of getting out as far as possible for the elf. Even if a swim back is needed. I am also changing my tactic. i know Philip caught his elf on one of those reefs. The tide is a bit wrong at the moment for a dawn patrol, but will change soon. but what about an outgoing tide, is it that unproductive. Wouldn't the elf be patrolling the reefs for bait fish in the outgoing current ?. i know estuaries can be productive on an outgoing but what about our reefs ?

Quote Originally Posted by MAC View Post
    Hi Guys,

Juat a quick question from the tourist, just in case I ever happen to be in the area when the Leerie fishing is on. Roughtly, Where is Sandvlei? I have a good idea of Where Strand is. Also, Is there and Leeries knocking around in the Surf in the Hermanus area?

Kev
    Kev,

as far as i know, Sandvlei is near to Muizenberg. and yes, there should be garrick/leeries out Hermanus way

D
    the patient mental...

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
    Hi Chris, you have the right idea there. I think its a matter of getting out as far as possible for the elf. Even if a swim back is needed. I am also changing my tactic. i know Philip caught his elf on one of those reefs. The tide is a bit wrong at the moment for a dawn patrol, but will change soon. but what about an outgoing tide, is it that unproductive. Wouldn't the elf be patrolling the reefs for bait fish in the outgoing current ?. i know estuaries can be productive on an outgoing but what about our reefs ?
    Most of the species I have caught on bait have been two hours either side of low tide, so I see know reason why not Pierre
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Great fish Juan!

Re wading- if you do not have to swim at some or other time then you have not waded out far enough- no matter where you are (OK except maybe Sandvlei ). A swim has never hurt anyone (although a couple people do seem to drown every so often.....)

Default Good fun for all

Thanks Kevin – Strand is all about swimming

I realy want to get into fishing a bit in the strand,But i need some guidance around the spoy as I am a bit scared off those Tane Manne Who would like to give me a guided tour off strand?
    Photography Rules!
    www.dewaldkirsten.co.za

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast