Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Blesbokspruit & Suikerbosrand River

Quote Originally Posted by FISHERSMITH View Post
    There's quite a nice spot on the Suikerbos just past Three rivers on the way out to Vischgat.

I grew up at Rand water - this part of the river was fantastic and i fished it often. However i would strongly suggest people stay away now - i heard rumours of 3 hi jackings and a rape in December.
    That part is public access and becoming more of a dumping ground than anything else but still good fish to be caught.
    If you planning on heading that way rather make sure someone drops you off than parking there.
    Last week the river was still running extremely strong.

Fishing further upstream is awesome but getting there is another story.
    The attached photo is on a private farm and on normal tackle. This guy has caught 15KG carp on that little river.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkEyes View Post
    I grew up at Rand water - this part of the river was fantastic and i fished it often. However i would strongly suggest people stay away now - i heard rumours of 3 hi jackings and a rape in December.
    That part is public access and becoming more of a dumping ground than anything else but still good fish to be caught.
    If you planning on heading that way rather make sure someone drops you off than parking there.
    Last week the river was still running extremely strong.

Fishing further upstream is awesome but getting there is another story.
    The attached photo is on a private farm and on normal tackle. This guy has caught 15KG carp on that little river.
    awesome largie that! how do you get out that way? im origonally from Durban and havent travelled out that way before. im in bedfordview.

would you mind giving me directions to the general area?

thanks man!

hectic about the hijacking and rape! such a pity how bad things can get in secluded areas

Thanx for all the info

The Blesbok is a awesome lil piece of water, if you know where to go...

This is where I first started ff for SM yellows. Not huge but you can pick up the odd meneer now and then. Crime has become an issue in Nigel where I used to fish the blesbok but during the day at the rite spot you will be fine.

The blesbok holds SM & LM yellows, bass, carp and barbel.. this is fact because I have caught all of the above except LM but have seen pics of LM come out.

Directions: From the N3 Durban carry straight on past the garage(think its a one stop??) and take the Heidelberg off ramp(not Nigel). At the stop turn left and carry on for probably another 10km. The first robot you turn right and then you in Nigel. Just ask for directions to the John Vorster Stadium and Viola..Blesbok.

or..

N17 towards springs carry on straight past carnival city, through tollgate and take the 3rd off ramp which leads you on the springs nigel road. At the stop turn left. Carry on straight all the way for about 15km go past Vorsterskroon industrial area on your left. First robot after that turn left into Nigel and get directions to John Vorster Stadium.

Hope this helps

Cheers

G
    ..there we were..5 against 100.. ..Man did we F@k those 5 up..!

i think i have had a look at the water by the stadium before...it was crystal last time i saw it (last year)
    the water was very shallow though? did you go up or down stream from the stadium? are there riffles and broken water or just long runs?

i fish by the spca in heidelberg and its been good to me so far.

I saw some pics of lovely SM coming out of the Blesbok on a farm close to Standerton and that looked liked the business for sure.

While we are on this topic of tribs, I would like to know who fishes the Vaal closer to its source on a regular basis?

I am talking Ermelo upwards?

Quote Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
    While we are on this topic of tribs, I would like to know who fishes the Vaal closer to its source on a regular basis?

I am talking Ermelo upwards?
    Grew up very close to there and my folks still live there... send me a pm.

Water up there is a mess at the moment though so give it a couple of weeks before you plan anything.
    Check your knots!

Quote Originally Posted by jock0 View Post
    Grew up very close to there and my folks still live there... send me a pm.

Water up there is a mess at the moment though so give it a couple of weeks before you plan anything.
    PM sent...

I have been trying to get info on that section of the Vaal but it is pretty scarce. Mostly private land so you need to have contacts.
    Bryan Williams

“My Biggest worry is that my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it!”

Check out my albums

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast