Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Berg River Carp

Default Berg River Carp

Landed a Monster today! In my limited experience I can not imagine any freshwater fish that can give a better pul.

Well done!

Where did you catch it? Franchoek? Paarl? What pattern?

Quote Originally Posted by rseebach View Post
    Landed a Monster today! In my limited experience I can not imagine any freshwater fish that can give a better pul.
    Pic?

Weight? Length? etc.
    Barend Esterhuizen Pr Eng

"But engineering isn't about perfect solutions; it's about doing the best you can with limited resources."
    The last lecture, Randy Pausch

Nice one Rudi, come on more info please.
    Some men go to church on Sundays thinking about fishing, others go fishing thinking about G0d.

What's your definition of a monster ?

Any carp over 6kgs pulls like a diesel truck, good fun on FW tackle.

Let's see some pics or get some details.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieŽ" - Ago 2014.

Pic attached, caught in Paarl. Not sure about length or weight or pattern. Was caught on a black wooly bugger with a red but, any estimates on size? On a 4 weight it was a big fight. Was there again today and while I was stalking the fish some dodgy characters was stalking me. Spoiled the day. Tryed to get to the river on the other side of the N1 but could not get access to the river through the golf estate. Keen on trying 'safer' spots in the Berg, any suggestions. Would be awesome to wade/ swim/ fish from Paarl in the direction of Franshoek
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Estimated weight

I don't see any fore-arm muscles working to keep it up, so I guess it's not a MONSTER after all ..... LOL

Just kidding.

Nice carp - have a look at my Album for a comparison of weights:

http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album...pictureid=1333

I will guess the weight (without being to specific) to be 3,6285kg +- 389g due to the quality of photograph
    Barend Esterhuizen Pr Eng

"But engineering isn't about perfect solutions; it's about doing the best you can with limited resources."
    The last lecture, Randy Pausch

Well done, that's a lekker fish.

Guestimate says over 4.5Kgs under 6kgs but it does look like it was quite thick in the body.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieŽ" - Ago 2014.

I would also say around 4kg region. damn nice size anyway, whatever the actual weight works out
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by rseebach View Post
    Pic attached, caught in Paarl. Not sure about length or weight or pattern. Was caught on a black wooly bugger with a red but, any estimates on size? On a 4 weight it was a big fight. Was there again today and while I was stalking the fish some dodgy characters was stalking me. Spoiled the day. Tryed to get to the river on the other side of the N1 but could not get access to the river through the golf estate. Keen on trying 'safer' spots in the Berg, any suggestions. Would be awesome to wade/ swim/ fish from Paarl in the direction of Franshoek
    Congrats on a nice fish! In the misquoted words of Crocodile Dundee "That's not a carp, this is a carp!"
    http://www.theflyfisher.co.za/compon.../limitstart,0/
    ďApparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure youĒ ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast