Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: fishing from a kayak

Default fishing from a kayak

I am keen to do a bit more exploring around Sandvlei on my kayak. Would like to have a partner, so if any of you have a kayak, please hook up with me sometime. My main intention will be to reach some of the otherwise inaccessable spots and then bank fish as normal.
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

pick-me pick-me...... getting bored doing it alone

Quote Originally Posted by Pieter View Post
    pick-me pick-me...... getting bored doing it alone
    awesome! Let's do it!

Any others? I think there is much to be discovered at Sandvlei still and a kayak is definitely the way to go. Anyone else?
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Shelton View Post
    awesome! Let's do it!

Any others? I think there is much to be discovered at Sandvlei still and a kayak is definitely the way to go. Anyone else?
    If you tow me on my float tube then i am in
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

Quote Originally Posted by Umhlangarox View Post
    If you tow me on my float tube then i am in
    nooit boet, I haven't kayaked in over a year. Pieter may just have to tow me!

watch this space guys, I am sure there will be some exciting kayaking reports to follow

Chris, if you are planning to only use the kayak to get to the spots and not to fish off then i would love to join, i will however be on a borrowed K1 so dont know how fast i will get around but am dead keen to explore a bit.

Spent alot of time on Google earth yesterday printing large images of sandvlei with the idea of spending some time exploring and marking possible spots for when the conditions are right.

Default Google Earth

Quote Originally Posted by kyle-J View Post
    Spent alot of time on Google earth yesterday printing large images of sandvlei.....
    How d Kyle, The thing that I've noticed is that the Google earth content are really old (2005), so the terrain might have changed over the years except if you have access to recent content and please share the whereabouts of this.
    No PAIN No Gain

Quote Originally Posted by kyle-J View Post
    Chris, if you are planning to only use the kayak to get to the spots and not to fish off then i would love to join, i will however be on a borrowed K1 so dont know how fast i will get around but am dead keen to explore a bit.

Spent alot of time on Google earth yesterday printing large images of sandvlei with the idea of spending some time exploring and marking possible spots for when the conditions are right.
    Would be awesome to have you join us Kyle. You seem to know the vlei a lot better than I do, will be happy to have you along. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    Kyle,

If you are in a K1 you will be much faster than any fishing or touring yak

Unless you have awesome balance however, you are likely to have problems casting from a K1, they are not the most stable boats while stationary...

Chris,

The best place to launch is from the canoe club (same side as you guys are fishing). They get a bit sticky about parking inside, but you can simply park outside (large parking area) and then carry the yak to the slipway. Much easier to get yourself sorted out there than trying to get in from the side.
    Thanks for the advice Eben, much appreciated!

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast