Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: fishing from a kayak

I did not want to be seen paging thru Stywe Lyne at Spar so unfortunately that's all the info I have.

The decision was based on the marine regulations concerning watercraft and where they can launch. A fishingski is now considered almost the same as a ski boat and thus has to launch from a registered launch site with a launch register. It also has to be certified as complying with the safety regulations. You can find a lot of info concerning this on : www.fishingski.co.za .
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Default Nanny State

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    The decision was based on the marine regulations concerning watercraft and where they can launch. A fishingski is now considered almost the same as a ski boat and thus has to launch from a registered launch site with a launch register. It also has to be certified as complying with the safety regulations. You can find a lot of info concerning this on : www.fishingski.co.za .

we are becoming more and more a damn NANNY STATE!!

I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    we are becoming more and more a damn NANNY STATE!!

So true, so true........
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

you know what really pees me off. i watched a program the other night about the thousands of zimbabweans crossing the border into sa. there are guys making money out of this and there it is on camera etc etc and blowall will ever be done. yet some dooos tells me i cant fish sonstraal dam or i must now pay some k&k fee 'cause i want to go paddle.
    man dit maak my tiette plat
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

I just don't understand why this is necessary - I won't evel kill a carp, but some people seem to kill fish just for the sake of killing? what happened to C&R? Suddenly all these regulations does not seem so bad...

Yeah I remember those pics of those kingies.... caught the day after the Mtwalume Compo..... I took alot of heat from the Fishingski site for getting really vocal on their site because of all the pictures of dead kingies and dead sailfish and tiny couta.....They even published a letter I wrote to them on their main site, as the opening page.....doesn't seem to have worked much...

I'm not against keeping some fish for the pot, not at all. But killing Sailies and Kingies to me is just frickin stupid!Then fishing ski site is pretty damn stagnant, and it seems a little full of guys who are not keen to share their info, but are keen to kill everything they catch...pretty sad, not exactly a good representation of anglers in my opinion...
    *** TO RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT AND SPEAK THE TRUTH ***

Some people are like Slinkies.... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

On a happier note, I spoke to a guy this week and got a little feedback on kayak/fishingski use up in Langebaan, and I've got a carrot to dangle in front of y'alls noses....
    2 Yellowtail came out last weekend, in the lagoon, one of 17 kilos, and one of 19 kilos!!!! Plus quite a few were lost to the resident bull seal up there....

Now go back and read that again.... 17 and 19 kilo Yellotail, in the lagoon (read shallow water, which means you get to go for the West Coast Sleigh Ride)...... A YT of that size, off a kayak..... I reckon thats a pretty good way to christen your boat hey????
    So the conditions look good for the weekend, whose going?
    *** TO RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT AND SPEAK THE TRUTH ***

Some people are like Slinkies.... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Nepptune View Post
    On a happier note, I spoke to a guy this week and got a little feedback on kayak/fishingski use up in Langebaan, and I've got a carrot to dangle in front of y'alls noses....
    2 Yellowtail came out last weekend, in the lagoon, one of 17 kilos, and one of 19 kilos!!!! Plus quite a few were lost to the resident bull seal up there....

Now go back and read that again.... 17 and 19 kilo Yellotail, in the lagoon (read shallow water, which means you get to go for the West Coast Sleigh Ride)...... A YT of that size, off a kayak..... I reckon thats a pretty good way to christen your boat hey????
    So the conditions look good for the weekend, whose going?
    hi andre
    maybe sandvlei will get a bit of a break this weekend now that gold has been seen somewhere else
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

andre,if you tow me behind you in my float tube im there....hell ive swum that width of the lagoon almost.so dont c why a pfd wont be ok.....hopefully the shilton can hold enough backing for those bigboys.i reckon that must be an awesome fight,open water,not much reef around.you beter dust off that 12 weight.
    stephen is wishing he was fishing location x right now.......

Stephen Smith

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast