Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bass in the Lowveld

Default Bass in the Lowveld

I am heading to the Lowveld for April for a wedding + family and was going to take a day to go bass fishing.

Anyone got any recommendations on which water is an absolute must at this time of the year? I was thinking of going to Injaka but it's a big dam and all I have is a tube + I don't know the venue at all.

All help / advice appreciated.

Regards

where exactly will you be?
    everyone is a "guru" these days - re

Blog Entries

Sounds liek you are going to be in the Hazeyview area if you are going to Injaka. If you fish there, be careful, because it can be a tad dangerous if you are alone.

Other venues, Dagama, Klipkotpjie (In think, its near Whiteriver).

Other places a bit further is in Hoedspruit, Klaseri dam. The blokes have been catching bass there lately. Plus, right next to Klaserie is a small dam called Klaserie Caravan Park. They have some nice bass as well.

There are also venue on the Blyde River, awesome bass and even yellows in the river.

Like Byron says, depends on where you go.
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Hey Straus

I'm from Nelspruit, but studying now in Stellenbosch. I would not go to Klipkopje for two reason. 1. The fish is not that good, after the dam took a beating in a drought a few years back. 2. Its very dangerous!!! heard of a few attacks on guys fish there that was hijacked or shot. But you can give it a try BUT BEWARE!!!!

A nice place to try is Hullala Lodge outside Witrivier on your way to Hazyview just before you get te bridge over Dagama. Its on your Right hand side. Its much cheaper than Dagama itself

Then when you go from Hazyview to Sabie you will get on your left hand side a place called Induna adventures. You can stop there and ask them as well to take you out or ask them for the dam that is just down the road. I think it is part of their ground so they can maybe let you fish there. It's Private water and I know the one farmer. But I think they have access to it as well, because the have bike trails going by the dam

Its a very small dam but hold Monster bass small one's are 1.5-2 kg and big one's 5-6kg.!!!!!!!!!!!

If they ask you where it is tell them its the one near the river and to get there you take the instant first left turn on to the gravel road before you cross the river. But please ask them first!!!!

The other dams I have is private dams with farmers that would kill strange unknown people on their land, SORRY!!!!

Enjoy my valley

Kind Regards
    Johan

I am going to be in White River - but I have read about how Injaka is the prime bass destination and thought I would check it out.

I have fished Witklip and others closer to White River but thought I would try Injaka sure private waters would be better - just no access.

Has anyone fished the dam just on the otherside of the road from Kruger international I think it is called Primkop?
    Last edited by Stuart K; 06-04-09 at 04:27 PM.

Hi Stuart

It is called Primkop Dam,If you are fishing from the side its going to be tough 'cause there is a lot of trees but if you take a float tube you might just get lucky. There is a lot of structure on the oposite bank where I am sure there must be some nice bass. It cost R50 for the day to go fishing there.

Regards

Rudolf

I have a tube so I think I will give it a go. Thanks

Let me know if you want company, if I'm here I will go along.

Rudolf

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Hi Stuart

It is called Primkop Dam,If you are fishing from the side its going to be tough 'cause there is a lot of trees but if you take a float tube you might just get lucky. There is a lot of structure on the oposite bank where I am sure there must be some nice bass. It cost R50 for the day to go fishing there.

Regards

Rudolf
    Are you guys honestly not worried about being chowed by a croc on a float tube down in the lowveld?
    Check your knots!

Ha ha, I think Primkop will be Crock free, it is quite far from the Crocodile river, which is the only place I think might hold some Croc's this far up.
    If you don't get a report back, then we'll know for sure

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast