Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dullstroom over Easter

OK I get the idea thanks

"Tight Lines"

Hey Guys

I was told by a friend laast month that Dullstroom is beginning to look like a ghost town... is it true???

Hi Stiffler,

a DDD cut into a disk shape and left inside a bag of Epol for a week. This will allow for effective absorbtion of the chunky meat flavour, a true killer.

Thanks to everyone for their advice. Had an awesome introduction to flyfishing. Friday late afternoon the fish were rising and taking DDD's readily. Missed 2 fish and landed 1 x rainbow 600g and released. Saturday morning same thing. During the day I noticed a lot of chases in the shallows and fished Zonkers and Buggers. Sunday morning the fish were rising but willing to take either DDD or suspended G.R.H.E. Fished deep Zonkers on a fast retrieve and bagged a lovely brown of 1kg. and another rainbow of 600g. Both these fish were injured by my front fly as I was fishing a double pattern and wondered if this is common and what you guys think about double patterns. I also found that they got tangled quite often and maybe that has to do with my novice casting. Anyway had a great introduction to this sport and am hooked for life.

Cheers all

"Tight Lines"
    "Tight Lines"

Stiffler

Sounds like you had a good 'un! Not a bad bag for an intro either!
    "Is that the new G.Loomis??? Wow! How much is that??

Oh, look, the new Stealth......."

Hi Stiffler

Glad to hear you had a good weekend! Fishing down the road was pretty much the same! Fishing dries early morning and Late afternoon. Big flies, deep for the rest of the day. Had a lot of success from the float tube.

Caught 31 fish in total.

18 - Rainbows
    13 - Bass

Rudolf

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12