Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Water Mongoose

Default Water Mongoose

Last edited by dizzy; 09-06-09 at 11:30 AM.
    Daryl Human

The solution to any problem -- work, love, money, whatever -- is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

Dizzy, are these not protected species?
    Trading in this could land you in some serious soup!
    Peter

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going - Jim Ryun

Let's keep it real..

Ditto - I am also looking...

Buf - shouldn't be a problem if it's accidental road kill, heard that's where many of the E.Cape guys get theirs from!

So share your road kill chaps...
    Jan L. KorrŻbel
    Nottingham Road Village

I do know of a certain memeber that did have a lot of Water Mongoose, i am not sure if he has anymore though. . . i am sure he will post if he still does. . .
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

I have never even seen how watermongoose look like.
    What material is the best as a substitute?

Quote Originally Posted by JanK View Post
    Ditto - I am also looking...

Buf - shouldn't be a problem if it's accidental road kill, heard that's where many of the E.Cape guys get theirs from!

So share your road kill chaps...
    The Eastern Cape Farmers Roadkill Flytying Materials Catalogue has more options than Veniards or Cabelas combined!

Seriously I've heard of some b'stards (not flyfishers) putting out gin (not Gordon's) traps for otters and water mongooses (not mongeese?) often get trapped in them
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

Quote Originally Posted by Umhlangarox View Post
    I do know of a certain memeber that did have a lot of Water Mongoose, i am not sure if he has anymore though. . . i am sure he will post if he still does. . .
    I found it DISGUSTING that a "certain member" was paying an impoverished local population for Water Mongoose pelts!! ... a sure way to wipe out a population of any animal
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS

8. Default

vs

Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    I found it DISGUSTING that a "certain member" was paying an impoverished local population for Water Mongoose pelts!! ... a sure way to wipe out a population of any animal
    We obviously talking about a different "certain member", this Water Mongoose was Road Kill!
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

Default Otter?

Will Vaal river otter be any good?
    Barend Esterhuizen Pr Eng

"But engineering isn't about perfect solutions; it's about doing the best you can with limited resources."
    The last lecture, Randy Pausch

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast