Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Expanding foam for poppers

Sounds exciting - it'll be good to hear everyone's input. I'll check out if I can dig up any of this at our local store

Talking about 'exciting' Chris, it's a bit of a worry hearing about your sitting with your hardened piece and playing with it on a Friday afternoon, especially when you're down in Cape Town!

Good w/e to all

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    Sounds exciting - it'll be good to hear everyone's input. I'll check out if I can dig up any of this at our local store

Talking about 'exciting' Chris, it's a bit of a worry hearing about your sitting with your hardened piece and playing with it on a Friday afternoon, especially when you're down in Cape Town!

Good w/e to all
    hehe...if only you knew how hard i have been going at it. 10 days on the trot up at 3am to go fishing. I am fished out mate.....in fact, i am fast approaching Zombie status. The piece of foam has been a welcome distraction

Have a great weekend too
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Am very impressed, extremely dedicated !

Afore ye go - I note 'how hard you've been at it' and I see in another more serious thread (I've learnt one new IT word this week) you talk about your 'small white muscle' - definitely time out for you after your Paris-Dakar fishing week!

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    Excellent! Must check this out, I'm sick of cutting my fingers off with Stanley knives and razor blades trying to fashion foamhead poppers. Do you reckon you could mould it round a hook and then shape it and let it set or would you have to affix it to the hook in the usual way with a slit through the dried foam?
    ChrisW, try making a DIY lathe from either a cordless screwdriver or drill. You can then attach piece of foam and turn the popper head. Even heard of a dremmel tool being used, but I reckon that is more of a health hazard due to rotational speed

My wife is quite big into her scrapbooking and I bought her one of those tools that are used to engrave on glass etc.

I stole it the other day and attatched one of the bits and got stuck into a wine cork with it. It worked like a charm. You can get quite fine work done with it. It has different types of bits for different applications.

You can find one at the High Street shopping complex's scrapbooking place for R130.

Cheers

Thanks guys!

http://www.flyanglersonline.com/feat...sh/part93.html

The guy mentions the injector type foam - He says that most people weren't happy with it.
    Quiate a interesting read. Under the main Panfish category there is more about poppers 101.

Cheers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12