Thread: Xplorer eclipse fly reel

Default Xplorer eclipse fly reel

Anyone seen/used one of these? Are they good value for money?

Currently using Stealth cas 2 with floating and sinking spools, but I want to carry a 2nd rod instead of changing spools. Any advice?

Regards,
    hib.
    The best way to a fisherman's heart is through his fly

Quote Originally Posted by Hib View Post
    Anyone seen/used one of these? Are they good value for money?

Currently using Stealth cas 2 with floating and sinking spools, but I want to carry a 2nd rod instead of changing spools. Any advice?

Regards,
    hib.
    Welcome boet!

They not bad.......a bit expensive though, but ja, my expensive and your expensive might be two different things.
    If you planning on fishing the Vaal, get something like a Kilwell Genesis. You can get them for like R500 and they are real good value for money. The reason for me mentioning this is the Vaal is not a place for fancy equipment. Two weeks a go I pulled a "Herman Joose" and smached my Biocraft desmoers against a rock!!! A month ago my friend did the same.......fell and broke his rod....!!! Think before you get over expensve equipment.....

my 2 Zim$.........

Hi and welcome,

I have the 4/5 wt eclipse and it is a fantastic reel. There was a thread some months ago regarding this reel. If you use the search function then you might find it. Some great info.

Chris

i'd go along with the kilwell Genesis suggestion - Mine's going into it's fifth season now and hasn't missed a beat!
    "Is that the new G.Loomis??? Wow! How much is that??

Oh, look, the new Stealth......."