Thread: July/August flyswap??

Default July/August flyswap??

Hi there.
    Does any one wanna start up a Freshwater Flyswap for July/ Aug.
    Id like to take part. but i cant host one. i unfortunately live to far out of town, i cant make regular trips to the post office.
    Its been a while since the last one... Im going through withdrawl.
    Elize
    "One thing becomes clearer as one gets older and one's fishing experience increases, and that is the paramount importance of one's fishing companions" John Ashley-Cooper

"Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary." ~by Patrick F. McManus~

"The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad."

If the withdrawl symptoms are that bad you can tie me some trout flies and give to me that I will be able to use first week of September in magoebaskloof, you have my postal address

Cheers

Andrew
    (Joking by the way)

ha ha ha.. well if this flyswap doesnt take off... then ill tie some for you...
    "One thing becomes clearer as one gets older and one's fishing experience increases, and that is the paramount importance of one's fishing companions" John Ashley-Cooper

"Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary." ~by Patrick F. McManus~

Hi Elize,

I will post a fly swap during the course of the week, we have a few great ideas for future fly swaps.

Regards,

Philip

Awesome. i cant wait...
    I was just pondering, has anyone sugested tying snail patterns..?
    I came accross some cool patterns. but snails are not a very common topic on any fly forum.
    there prob is a good reason.maybe the fish dont take to them as much? they prob more difficult to fish cause they require more patience.?

What ever the topic... im in...
    Last edited by Elizevh; 22-06-09 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elizevh View Post
    Awesome. i cant wait...
    I was just pondering, has anyone sugested tying snail patterns..?
    I came accross some cool patterns. but snails are not a very common topic on any fly forum.
    there prob is a good reason.maybe the fish dont take to them as much? they prob more difficult to fish cause they require more patience.?

What ever the topic... im in...
    In some areas in mpumalanga snails consitute the bulk of the trouts diet! The tricky thing is that they're often taken off the surface as they have the ability to "cling" to the surface of the water upside down. Floating snails, with the top half of the hook shank covered in neoprene or foam and the bottom half in peacock herl or chennile, work really well ot imitate these.
    Check your knots!

These are the patterns i found. They pretty cool.