Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: TFO Clouser range

Default Bass recognition in FF

Well bass are the most popular species in North America so it is about time. I read an article recently that the emerging fly fishing for bass trend in the US is saving the fly fishing industry there. Maybe we can learn something from that.
    May the fish be with you!!! www.seanmillsflyfishing.weebly.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Mills View Post
    Well bass are the most popular species in North America so it is about time. I read an article recently that the emerging fly fishing for bass trend in the US is saving the fly fishing industry there. Maybe we can learn something from that.
    YES WE CAN! Let's erradicate the trout and stock Bass!!!
    Rudolph
    No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance.
    Confucius

http://drakemag.com/bass-the-movie.html

If you dont think bass is fun on fly, check this....
    Photography Rules!
    www.dewaldkirsten.co.za

I think all rivers should be stocked with Nembwe from now on. The bass can be fodder food for them.
    "So heres my point. Dont go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish thats dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

... But this rod does sound very interesting for Nembwe and similar bream fishing where you are using very heavy flies and need to cast very accurately.
    "So heres my point. Dont go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish thats dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

I agree with you Grant

Cool

Western Cape is too cold for Nembwe, its a shame!
    May the fish be with you!!! www.seanmillsflyfishing.weebly.com

Hi Guys,

Just resurrecting this post as i am kinda interested in getting one of these rods in an 8wt. Has anyone had any experience with them?

I intend using it for Tigers and Bream where i will be using fast sinking lines and heavy flies, which is what it was built for.

Besides that, i'd love to hear what other rods you guys use for the same purpose?

Cheers
    G

Quote Originally Posted by gkieser View Post
    Hi Guys,

Just resurrecting this post as i am kinda interested in getting one of these rods in an 8wt. Has anyone had any experience with them?

I intend using it for Tigers and Bream where i will be using fast sinking lines and heavy flies, which is what it was built for.

Besides that, i'd love to hear what other rods you guys use for the same purpose?

Cheers
    G
    Grant , no experience with this rod, but use a Phlueger 7wt (which is out of production) now, really cheap at R700.00 when I invested in it some 8 yrs back, a pleasure rod to fish,2 piece the problem, but the the rod in salt or fresh is a remarkable piece of equipment, has the backbone to cast big flies and the power to subdue same. Love this rod, will not sell this my ''cheapy''.
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2