Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another shop gone...................

I think if this could be done then it should be a Fly Shop that does it. Not the likes of Cash Crusaders (no offence). After all you do someone educated enough in FF who can value the goods properly.

I understand the objective but should I assume for example my Orvis rod that I imported for R2K which sells for R5K in SA mean that I will get valuation on the true value or local value?

Second question is regards to vintage items or similiar/custom items which actually increases in value. Would there be different criteria involved for this?
    It is a good idea but I can't really see it working effectively in the long run.

I know of an online shop in the States that does an upgrade service but I've steered away because it becomes vague when trying to sepperate the brand new from the demo and used.

Default Trade in tackle

I think the answer would be to only trade in tackle originally bought there or the other option would be to take it on consignment.

I recently paid R 3 k for a second hand rod from a reputable dealer and would love to have a guaranteed buy back policy in place in case I ever wanted to trade it again. The lifetime guarantee was transferred to myself as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mullet View Post
    I think the answer would be to only trade in tackle originally bought there or the other option would be to take it on consignment.

I recently paid R 3 k for a second hand rod from a reputable dealer and would love to have a guaranteed buy back policy in place in case I ever wanted to trade it again. The lifetime guarantee was transferred to myself as well.
    Interesting, I though all rod manufacturers, lifetime warranty was only valid for the original purchasser. Perhaps the dealer carried the warranty.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12