Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bass in Sandvlei

Default Bass in Sandvlei

A few kids from my son's school, quite regularly go down to sandvlei for a bit of bassing. There is apparently good access to the spots down "Rutter Road"
    My son has asked me to take him there for a spot of bass bashing. has anyone been there, and what's it like?
    The kids from Marina Da Gama, apparently cross the vlei in canoes etc, and fish on the Muizenberg/Lakeside edge.

Andre

I used to fish there when I lived in Lakeside. Pretty ok as far as I'm concerned. Lots of big carp used to come out of the same waters. I never did particularly well on the bass front though. Caught a few. But with leeries just around the corner, I never really too the bass thing seriously.

Andre I'm about 13k's from the Muizenberg side. Let me know if/when you want some company, work permitting. I've got a very nice collection of bass bugs we can sling.
    Fishing is just my thing. I don't know what it is but it seems that i just can't get enough of it.

Question for you guys in the know. How salty is the water in sandvlei? Don't want to bugger up my trout floaters.
    Fishing is just my thing. I don't know what it is but it seems that i just can't get enough of it.

Quote Originally Posted by wernerm View Post
    Question for you guys in the know. How salty is the water in sandvlei? Don't want to bugger up my trout floaters.
    "Salty water" is the last thing i would worry about in Zandvlei
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

What you mean. Turds?

Hi andre....was down yesterday and its a mudbath down there.the area they are talking about is quite safe and you can park right next to the water on rutter road.I havnt fished for bass there but apparently the trick is to have a tube or canoe and tie yourself into the reeds along the railway line and fish the edges sideways if you understand what i mean the water will be quite fresh down there...id keep a 9w rigged up in case you see some leerie action.might also get some of those monster harders in there.hope this helps
    stephen is wishing he was fishing location x right now.......

Stephen Smith

Are you talking about the Muizenberg side near Main road? Or is this on the other side?

What you mean. Turds?
    werner....dont worry about mat,he just hasnt caught his monster yet
    however the possibility of a brown soft log floating past you is a reality.just make sure you are positioned up wind

Stephen Smith

Are you talking about the Muizenberg side near Main road? Or is this on the other side?
    lakeside side....just past fire station.opposite new woolworths

Stephen Smith

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast