Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: TFO Flyrods - explaining the range

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    Bump, come on Guys, I would even take an 8 or 10 weight, as long as it's 10ft and a BVK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Hi Herman, I dont think they do 10 footers in the heavier rods. If i remember correctly they may go to an 8wt but not beyond in that length.
    http://www.tforods.com/fly-fishing/r...l#.U37hBigay-c
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

As suspected :smile:

Herman, can I ask why you want a 10 foot in a heavier rod? Dont get me wrong I love my 10 footer in the 5wt and I know Gerrit used to use 10 foot 7 wt for largies at one point but when you get to the higher weights I am not sure they are best suited. Due to the extra length you definitely lose a bit of the fighting grunt compared to a 9 foot of the same rod which in a 9 or 10 wt seems necessary. 10 footers are excellent off a tube or boat which may be why Gerrit like the 10ft 7 wt...
    Bryan Williams

“My Biggest worry is that my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it!”

Check out my albums

Absolutely correct. I would also suspect that the 10 foot 7 wt might be designed with Highland style Loch fishing in mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    As suspected :smile:

Herman, can I ask why you want a 10 foot in a heavier rod? Dont get me wrong I love my 10 footer in the 5wt and I know Gerrit used to use 10 foot 7 wt for largies at one point but when you get to the higher weights I am not sure they are best suited. Due to the extra length you definitely lose a bit of the fighting grunt compared to a 9 foot of the same rod which in a 9 or 10 wt seems necessary. 10 footers are excellent off a tube or boat which may be why Gerrit like the 10ft 7 wt...
    Last edited by Andre; 23-05-14 at 10:58 AM.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5