Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best thread for Bass Bugs

HI GUYS,

Just remember when spinning deer hair with any thread, only 2 turns of thread before spinning the hair. 3 or more turns cuts through the hair.

DAVE
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

I need to go for lessons at Paul Fevrier. Seeing is believing.

3. Default

Kevlar thread works too....

If you can get your hands on the stuff!
    "We all fish for our own enjoyment - me for mine and you for yours, nobody can say what is right and what is wrong." - Jim Leisenring

If anything is going to ruin your day at the vice and put anybody off deer hair it's kevlar. Kevlar will cut through the deer hair and always at the most inoportune time.

Oral-B unwaxed dental floss is the best for me but 210 denier flat waxed nylon gets the results too.

I think what works for the individual is dependent on the style. Horst Filter taught me to spin deer hair and as with his style that I have copied closely but not slavishly I use really big bunches of deer hair and I find that only dental floss can handle it.

But each to his own, have fun, tying bass bugs is a whole lot of fun! Actually catching bass on them is even more fun

Paul
    Fisherman - We're all born honest but we soon get over it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12