Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lilydale Lodge?????

hi. i am heading down to the karoo next week and was thinking of sleeping over at lilydale on friday night. eish! they are fairly expensive. is it worth it though? what sort of tactics flies etc should i be looking at this time of the year? see this post was for around the same time last year so i'm hoping to get some advise from you okes. also what is the names of the nearby stay over places that you are talking about? thanks!

Was at Lilydale today. Was quite disappointed when I saw the water. The add in TCFF shows crystal clear water...Not sure why thewater is so murky. (strange that Vaal, Orange and other rrivers are murkier than usual this year) But once I was down at the water it didn't phase me much. Saw lots of action which I thought was small LM. Tried 'Kleinbek' for 2hrs then went back to the lodge. Water was maar etter koud! Saw some huge fish lying in very shallow water. Thought they were LM. Tried my gat af to hook them. Almost packed up to leave but changed to a large olive bulky Damsel aggravator type fly and at last hooked into my first riet yellow. Huge surprise as it wasn't a LM, but a nice SM (I think...) The fish has a nice yellow colour and build of a SM, but the eyes of a LM. Also the mouth is quite big. Will post a pic sometime. Nice to see so many fish in great condition. Lookslike they are getting ready for spawning.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2