Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: When disaster strikes...what do you do?

Quote Originally Posted by GGY View Post
    Dunno when I cross the boerewors curtain...
    I may have to wait until we go fishing (and steal a few of your flies if I am short...)
    Gary...with all the shyte of late at work (hopefully the dust has settled now) we should bunk one day and go fish the Vaal....

Blog Entries

I just counted 38 mouse clicks.....left button...to open and read though this thread...

ha ha ha Gerrit
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Quote Originally Posted by Shamwari View Post
    I just counted 38 mouse clicks.....left button...to open and read though this thread...

ha ha ha Gerrit
    Carefull....
    That could be considered as playing with your MUIS.....
    Regards
    Adrian

'Life is not a matter of holding good cards but of playing a poor hand well.' ~Robert Louis Stevenson

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a man and a dog.~ Mark Twain.

Also , haven't top up my nymph box for the season yet.
    But I'm currently indulging in some liberating flytying.
    Filling up a box with Meatwhisltes , Trick and Treats , Gizmos , Meyer's BHRL ,
    Swamp jockeys , Diablo's, Clousers and a new thing that belongs to the dark side of flyfishing(once dicovered , these flies could drive largies to extinction)
    Nothing smaller than size 8 and the colours! - the flybox looks like the Mardi Gra.
    I'm goin smallie huntin.

G - if you think losing a flybox on the Vaal is bad , I came scarely close to losing my life on the vaal this winter (never ,never shoot the rapids in your float tube while still strap in and always wear the wading belt with your waders.It was a close one.)
    Last edited by flybum; 09-09-09 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Gary...with all the shyte of late at work (hopefully the dust has settled now) we should bunk one day and go fish the Vaal....
    Mike...I feel a meeting in Vtown coming on...
    Gary
    Flytyer - Where great flytying begins

Quote Originally Posted by flybum View Post
    Also , haven't top up my nymph box for the season yet.
    But I'm currently indulging in some liberating flytying.
    Filling up a box with Meatwhisltes , Trick and Treats , Gizmos , Meyer's BHRL ,
    Swampdonkey's , Diablo's, Clousers and a new thing that belongs to the dark side of flyfishing(once dicovered , these flies could drive largies to extinction)
    Nothing smaller than size 8 and the colours! - the flybox looks like the Mardi Gra.
    I'm goin smallie huntin.
    Any chance of a sneak peak?

Quote Originally Posted by schmoose View Post
    Any chance of a sneak peak?
    sorry Tom ,can't do pics , but Conrad can give you a rundown on the successful ones later on.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345