Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sonstraal and Vygeboom Dams (Durbanville) Management Plans

Default Sonstraal and Vygeboom Dams (Durbanville) Management Plans

Dear All

Note that a public meeting will be held at the council chambers of the municipal office complex in Durbanville on Tuesday 22 September at 9:00 to discuss the above mentioned.

Please try to attend with me since this will be a great forum to can once again start the discussion regarding the banning of fishing in these dams.

If you are able to make it, please confirm your seat with Muriel Gibson at 021 9703005.

Please let your friends know, the more the merry.

Cheers

Rudi

Hey Rudi

I will let the guys know that aren't on Flytalk. People who don't pitch up will have to hold their peace. Everyone who has or still wants to fish Sonstraal must please attend! It will be very sad if we never get to fish this venue again because people didn't pitch up.

Hi Rudi

Please PM me your number, I might be able to make it, just want to check if it will be worth it.
    Photography Rules!
    www.dewaldkirsten.co.za

Thanks SweetLou

We can raise the arguments stated in my previous letter to the City.

Also from a legal perspective I do not believe excluding a certain group of the public based on a few making noise and littering is correct. The National Environmental Act makes provision for unfair discrimination and environmental justice. There are other ways by which this situation can be managed.

Any lawyers out there that could assist with a legal opinion?

Dear All,

I'm very glad to see that you guys haven't given up the fight. I'm a final year student at Stellenbosch doing my BSc in Conservation Ecology and will participate in the meeting from that perspective. I have been fishing these ponds for 15 years now and fully support what you are doing.

If there is any additional information that you guys have on the subject would you please e-mail me at 14627965@sun.ac.za. I would like to come prepared to the meeting.

Thanks & Cheers

DJP

Blog Entries

Nice to see guys getting involved. Well done.
    Please support Rudi as I have no doubt that the resident duck lobby will be there in force.
    Last edited by BuzzLiteBeer; 16-09-09 at 08:46 PM.
    So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish.

I hope it's going to be about fishing availability. Reading the local today there is an article about reducing the number of birds......again. I will be there though. Give us a heads up a day or two before the meeting to shake away the cobwebs.
    Thanks
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Blog Entries

I also read the same article Roland,it seems that fishing is not on the agenda,hats of to the guys who are going to tackle these guys with regards to fishing the dam....I personally think the approach needs to be family orientainted,pluck at the heart strings of the guys with familys,create the picnic senario in there head with mum and daughter feeding the birds while father and son enjoy an afternoon fishing,i do not think these guys will be to bothered with the scenario of a few lads wanting to fly fish...or you could try the enviromental approach.....
    I have not fished this water as i have a local dam near my house which seems to have embraced the fishing guys even though there are signs saying no fishing,they have put trial litter bins around the dam and seem to let people enjoy the area no matter what they are choosing to do there on a sunday afternoon.
    Last edited by nicholas; 17-09-09 at 06:14 PM.
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

The meeting is about a management plan for the dams, and yes currently fishing is off the map but I was informed by the Councillor in February that the extensive public participation for the management plans will be an appropriate forum to further discuss this issue. See email below. Those with an interest in Fishing at these dams please turn up since more voices should attract some attention.
    Cheers
    R

Dear Mr Seebach
    I am considering having this issue put on the agenda of the meeting of the Sub council which is scheduled for 19 March 2009. The Sub council cannot give a directive but can make a recommendation, which is likely to be accepted.
    Due to the sensitivity of the issue and its history an extensive process of public consultation will be required. A management plan for Sonstraal Dam is in the course of preparation and this may be a better process to follow.
    You will be kept informed.
    Regards
    Claude Ipser
    Councillor for Ward 105 - Raadslid vir Wyk 105
    Chairperson of Subcouncil - Voorsitter van Subraad : 7 Koeberg
    City of Cape Town - Stad Kaapstad

benthemshoop Banned User

Thank you guys I am writing about last 5 years about it and getting enough information from here...!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast