Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Sage rods for yellowfish

Quote Originally Posted by NeilRowe View Post
    One thing is for sure - they will sell well.

Mike, I've not tried the TCR or TCX. The Z-Axis (I have a 9' 3wt) is too fast for me on the WC streams and I will only contemplate using it on a very windy day (when my old 8'6" 4wt XP is better anyway).

Andre, I would tend to agree with you. With Sage you are pretty sure of getting a well developed, sorted out product with minimal quirks and a fantastic support structure (warranty, dealer support etc). When you get yours, I'd like to cast it to try it out please.

BTW. Anyone want to buy a Z-Axis that's only been used twice?
    Hi Neil, yes, knowing what I know about your fishing style, the Z-Axis is not an ideal rod for you. It comes into it's own where you need versatility, and are prepared to do a lot on the streams in terms of different styles. it is great if you are going to do some dry work, some nymphing, and some streamer stuff, all in one day, with one rod. I have got mine to work well to the point where it is my all round rod of choice for the streams, but yes, i agree, it is much more rod that the steams require and is a gross overkill.

Stellenbosch and Kuils River, Western Cape

Quote Originally Posted by NeilRowe View Post
    BTW. Anyone want to buy a Z-Axis that's only been used twice?
    How much you want?

I'll take R 3000

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234