Thread: Tiger Fish - Sabie and surrounds

Default Tiger Fish - Sabie and surrounds

Hi Guys

Staying at Kruger Park Lodge outside Sabie for a week from 9th - 16th October. Its on the banks of the Sabie. Am I wasting my time?

Anyone need a fishing partner?

Bass, carp, yellow etc are all game for me.

My buddie caught a small tiger there about 6years ago...as far as I know they are there....give it a bash

Let us know how it goes hey
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Take your golf clubs along

If you come through Sabie towards Hazyview you will see a small trout place you could fish. . .

Otherwise there is the Sabie River, which has trout and yellows - access through Bigsky Adventures i think, google them. . . otherwise that small trout dam just before Sabi Sun if coming from Sabie will put you in the right spot. Saw loads of Yellows in the Sabie river going through Sabi Sun couple years back, one security guard i was chatting to even caught one with his hands - incredible But beware of hippos!!!!!!

The crocodile river has Tigers i'm told, but dunno how you access it and heard its pretty dangerous. . .
    I'll stay as long as i can fish. . .

Whenever the "club" for geniuses - MENSA - was mentioned, I always wondered if their was an opposite equivalent society for imbeciles. Now I know, it's called ANCYL.

dangerous because of wildlife or riff raff or both?

Quote Originally Posted by dar View Post
    Hi Guys

Staying at Kruger Park Lodge outside Sabie for a week from 9th - 16th October. Its on the banks of the Sabie. Am I wasting my time?

Anyone need a fishing partner?

Bass, carp, yellow etc are all game for me.
    There are some kick-@ss kurper and bass in the dams at KPL, and they do allow fishing in 2 of them. The rapids in front of the boma have a healthy population of barbel and yellows, and the odd tiger, but there are some good size crocs too!

Almost any dam in that area will hold bass, so don't be scared to try little ponds you drive past. It can be quite fun
    You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

I was there in July, and saw some good sized bass in the dam just above the reception. I didn't throw a line though. Also saw a few in the other dams during the rounds of golf, but apparently you aren't allowed to fish there...There is a small fee to fish, but i think it was something stupid like R15 for the whole family per day!..We saw plenty tigers in the park from that bridge that crosses the river by lower sabie...So you should get them at the lodge! Good luck
    "When you on the river, ocean or in the woods, you are the closest to the truth you'll ever get." - Jack Leonard