Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: starting a bug farm

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzLiteBeer View Post
    Thanks, you've covered most of my questions. I have a little stream near my home and I wanted to replicate the environment in a tank. (It contains mosquito fish , platannas and crabs also.) There are lots of damsel and dragonfly nymphs. The plan was to use tadpoles to feed the dragonfly nymphs.
    You can use the tadpoles during summer months and small fish(cheap R5 guppies if you can/want) for the winter. Those dragonfly nymphs are mean little critters.

Just a few more pointers. If you plan on stacking rocks on top of each other, it would be a good idea to glue them together. I'm not sure about diseases on the damsels and dragonflies, but keep an eye out and also for dead bugs floating around.

I hope your project is a success and keep us up to date on anything new happening. If you have more questions, just send me a PM. Good luck
    BOSHOF! wil jy huis toe gaan? Jaa samajoor! JY KANNIE!

The second cocky khaki Kicky Sack sock plucker I've sacked since the sixth sitting sheet slitter got sick

Quote Originally Posted by SaGixer View Post
    Buzz, Dont forget the SBS pics of the setting up of the tank!
    I for one am pretty interested to see this project get of the ground!
    AHHEEMM, threading a live stonefly or mayfly nymph on a hook is NOT considered flyfishing old chap.

There again who gives a sh!t.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Quote Originally Posted by SaGixer View Post
    Buzz, Dont forget the SBS pics of the setting up of the tank!
    I for one am pretty interested to see this project get of the ground!
    Aaaaaarrrghhh, the pressure!! I'll do my best. Remember this will be a kid's project. I'm only supervising.
    So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish.

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzLiteBeer View Post
    Aaaaaarrrghhh, the pressure!! I'll do my best. Remember this will be a kid's project. I'm only supervising.
    Nothing better than when the Dad has more interest than the lighty in the school project! I remember lots of science projects that got taken over by my Pops!!
    Regards
    Adrian

'Life is not a matter of holding good cards but of playing a poor hand well.' ~Robert Louis Stevenson

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a man and a dog.~ Mark Twain.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3