Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: I Know of a Dam ??????

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    The water is clean, general vis can be up to 2 metres, depending on the rains.
    The yellows however leave the surface action to the "Bows."
    Why ?????????
    Who knows...but did I mention I'll be at Sterkies for a week, in a few days time?

Mielie Bomb patterns soaked for 8.3months in break fluid always yields something
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Who knows...but did I mention I'll be at Sterkies for a week, in a few days time?
    I can back Mike up on this one
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Thumbs down

I dont like either of you at the moment...
    Regards
    Adrian

'Life is not a matter of holding good cards but of playing a poor hand well.' ~Robert Louis Stevenson

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a man and a dog.~ Mark Twain.

Are we not supose to go a bit more technical;? like check what is hatching or pull that net to check what is around in the water and pick then a fly acordingly

Jannie

Booger Rose Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Glans View Post
    Are we not supose to go a bit more technical;? like check what is hatching or pull that net to check what is around in the water and pick then a fly acordingly

Jannie
    Too late in the year for a technical question like this.

Herman, all the ways of catching a yellow that I can think of will also take a troot, so I have no idea of how to catch the yellow in stead of the troot. My personal way of fishing this water will be to catch the bigest of whatever is biting.

Seen yellows eating very close to rocks and sucking the algea etc. (rubberlips), maybe fish a static fly and let it drop down to the structure between feeding fish. This kind of fishing is just too slow for me, I like to make a fly move and look alive.

Dry and dropper?

Michael, enjoy Sterkies, I dream of fishing that water again...

Do not be fooled thinking the yellows will not rise. I saw this again at Boskop dam a few weeks back.

We could see no cruising fish, bass spawning everywhere, and only large bass breaking the water here and there. Later the day I put out a DDD and "fish on!" Very positive take. Half an hour later, same place, same DDD, another hour later same place same DDD again.

Put out the right dry and you WILL have action, saw this at Sterkies as well, you can only see the fish cruising but no top water activity untill you put your dry out.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamwari View Post
    Mielie Bomb patterns soaked for 8.3months in break fluid always yields something

I with Shamware on this one,TCP millie bombs always work on Carp
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamwari View Post
    I can back Mike up on this one
    I can back Shammer's up on this one
    You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

Thumbs down

Far too much "backing up" on this fishing trip guys??

And yes I dont like you either Graham...
    Regards
    Adrian

'Life is not a matter of holding good cards but of playing a poor hand well.' ~Robert Louis Stevenson

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a man and a dog.~ Mark Twain.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast