Thread: REQ: Dyed Grizzly....

Default REQ: Dyed Grizzly....

I am loking to tie up some saltwater patterns for a day offshore I have planned for warly next year...and I have seen some nice patterns that use dyed grizzly hackles to accent the flies (I suppose I could just use a marker pen, but I like the idea of the grizzle...)

Anyone have a source / want to let go of some dyed grizzly hackle in Chartreuese/Green/Olive, Pink and Blue.

Obviously don't need Metz/Whiting Gold/AAA dry fly grade since (I hope) they are going to get chowed!; just some nice dyed barred feathers.

TIA.
    Jan L. KorrŻbel
    Nottingham Road Village

Jan I saw some thursday in a local shop cant remember all the colours, but there is definitely red, purple, yellow, and green. Will go and have a look again tommorow and then let you know.
    Nature does not differentiate between threats, Mother Earth bears them all and we as her creatures are the ones that can make a difference.
    -Ilan Lax

Thanks Johan!

PM sent.
    Jan L. KorrŻbel
    Nottingham Road Village

I found a moerse feather boa in a material shop the other day, FULL of grizley hackles, perfect for sempers, go and snoop around that type of shops, I have found some great stuff there.
    Photography Rules!
    www.dewaldkirsten.co.za

Thanks Dewald!

SWAMBO has earmarked Tomorrow to finalise the Xmas shopping,so we are off down to town - will keep an eye out.
    Jan L. KorrŻbel
    Nottingham Road Village

Quote Originally Posted by JanK View Post
    I am loking to tie up some saltwater patterns for a day offshore I have planned for warly next year...and I have seen some nice patterns that use dyed grizzly hackles to accent the flies (I suppose I could just use a marker pen, but I like the idea of the grizzle...)

Anyone have a source / want to let go of some dyed grizzly hackle in Chartreuese/Green/Olive, Pink and Blue.

Obviously don't need Metz/Whiting Gold/AAA dry fly grade since (I hope) they are going to get chowed!; just some nice dyed barred feathers.

TIA.
    Jan, did you come right with grizzly hackle ?? Will take some pics of what I have to share and you can let me know if you are interested. 5/6 colours or so.

DAVE
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Quote Originally Posted by poppernel View Post
    Jan, did you come right with grizzly hackle ?? Will take some pics of what I have to share and you can let me know if you are interested. 5/6 colours or so.

DAVE
    Thanks Dave! PM sent.
    Jan L. KorrŻbel
    Nottingham Road Village