Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bass Fishing around Gauteng

I work in Sunninghill so it is very close, ill Pm OMR. Gping together sounds good, what species are there?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Monster View Post
    I work in Sunninghill so it is very close, ill Pm OMR. Gping together sounds good, what species are there?
    Bass, bream and Barbel..

PM OMR and see what he tunes...
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Quote Originally Posted by Shamwari View Post
    Hey Monster

I PM'd OMR about the very same thing.

I stay close to Saints. If you want, we can tie up with OMR and go together. Currently the dam is like coffee, so we might have to wait.

Cheers

Julian
    Would also like to join one day.... with permission of course
    I'm not addicted to fishing, I can quit anytime my wife makes me!!

I stay in Nigel, make no mistake.. Nigel dam has some of the biggest bass iv seen!!! Im talking about 2.5 to 3kg bass well they mite be bigger but thats the size ive pulled out there. I will get some pics tonight and post them here as soon as I can so you can have a look. It helps having a kick boat or boat but its no hastle fishing from the bank. It is also stocked with decent size kurper and carp. Iv seen a 16kg carp come out of there. The Blesbok spruit also has some bass if you know where to look. There is also a small pvt dam which they call "Die pan" which also has some good bass. If you know Nigel well you would know the "group 16" army base`s gholf course which has a small dam with HUGE bass!! Trust me! Its R15 per person fishing for the day.. quite a peacefull place with springbok trotting around and so on.

Just a word warning, you need to keep a look out for gholfers, I have been almost hit a few times, but all and all a very nice place to fish for bass, and its very safe! Homestead dam is also a very nice dam to fish, but dangerous though. Most of the dams in Nigel, springs, heidelberg and dunnotar have all got bass. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    I stay in Nigel, make no mistake.. Nigel dam has some of the biggest bass iv seen!!! Im talking about 2.5 to 3kg bass well they mite be bigger but thats the size ive pulled out there. I will get some pics tonight and post them here as soon as I can so you can have a look. It helps having a kick boat or boat but its no hastle fishing from the bank. It is also stocked with decent size kurper and carp. Iv seen a 16kg carp come out of there. The Blesbok spruit also has some bass if you know where to look. There is also a small pvt dam which they call "Die pan" which also has some good bass. If you know Nigel well you would know the "group 16" army base`s gholf course which has a small dam with HUGE bass!! Trust me! Its R15 per person fishing for the day.. quite a peacefull place with springbok trotting around and so on.

Just a word warning, you need to keep a look out for gholfers, I have been almost hit a few times, but all and all a very nice place to fish for bass, and its very safe! Homestead dam is also a very nice dam to fish, but dangerous though. Most of the dams in Nigel, springs, heidelberg and dunnotar have all got bass. Enjoy!

Wow, thanks for that info.... will definitely put it to good use
    I'm not addicted to fishing, I can quit anytime my wife makes me!!

shot bud, no problem

Default Bass Venue, East of Pretoria,

I was driving back from Cullinan on the Rayton/Kempton Park road today. About 4 - 5 KM's before the N4 Witbank highway I saw advertising on my left,

BASS VENUE. The signs were not home made and of a good quality. Travelling from Pretoria towards Witbank you would take the Rayton/Cullinan offramp. Turn left and about 4 or so kM's down the road the sign would be on your right hand side.

Anyone fished thsi venue, or have any insight into the background?????
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    I was driving back from Cullinan on the Rayton/Kempton Park road today. About 4 - 5 KM's before the N4 Witbank highway I saw advertising on my left,

BASS VENUE. The signs were not home made and of a good quality. Travelling from Pretoria towards Witbank you would take the Rayton/Cullinan offramp. Turn left and about 4 or so kM's down the road the sign would be on your right hand side.

Hi Herman,

My neighbour was there once, according to him it's a small pond and R100 bucks for the day...but haven't been there myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post

All I know is the sign says Bass 1km.
    Gerrit Viljoen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12