Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blyderivierspoort Dam / Blyde River & Mpumalanga streams

Default Blyderivierspoort Dam / Blyde River & Mpumalanga streams

We are planning a 7-10 day break-away to Mpumalanga for mid/end May; at this stage we have not made a final decision on any accommodation, we are considering Forever Resort Swadini as 1 option, and maybe move to another area for the other half of the time to cover the rest of the 'tourist' areas.

So, what species are in the Blyderivierspoort Dam / Blyde River? Any FF potential?

-----------------

I also have a 3wt TFO Finesse that must see a stream for the 1st time ever... other than Mavungana and the access they have around Dullies, what stream options are available [1 guided day probably - Laura was so kind to propose this ]?

Any advice will be appreciated
    Barend Esterhuizen Pr Eng

"But engineering isn't about perfect solutions; it's about doing the best you can with limited resources."
    The last lecture, Randy Pausch

I'm not sure if fishing is allowed in the dam. The river by swadini used to be extremely clear (used to live in Hoedspruit but havent been there for a couple of years now). If you do fish the dam or rivers, keep a watch out for hippos crocs and bilharzia
    They've got us surrounded - the poor bastards!

Quote Originally Posted by troutmaster View Post
    We are planning a 7-10 day break-away to Mpumalanga for mid/end May; at this stage we have not made a final decision on any accommodation, we are considering Forever Resort Swadini as 1 option, and maybe move to another area for the other half of the time to cover the rest of the 'tourist' areas.

So, what species are in the Blyderivierspoort Dam / Blyde River? Any FF potential?

-----------------

I also have a 3wt TFO Finesse that must see a stream for the 1st time ever... other than Mavungana and the access they have around Dullies, what stream options are available [1 guided day probably - Laura was so kind to propose this ]?

Any advice will be appreciated
    Jolling again Neh???

Sies vir Jou.

Nee wat, ek is net donnerse jaloers.

Geniet dit Mater.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Blog Entries

Forget about fishing the dam. Not allowed at all. It does have amazing SM Bass in it. Do yourselves s favour and go on the ferry/barge trip on the dam..awesome.

Sadly, the river is full of bass, they are hammering the bream and yellows. If you can find the fish, you can be into some fun fishing. Growng up near the area, we have fished some private stretches of the Blyde, only got bass though. There are crocs etc, so pasop. Good birdlife to, saw a pair of African Finfoot which was really awesome on one excersion.
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Quote Originally Posted by Shamwari View Post
    Forget about fishing the dam. Not allowed at all. It does have amazing SM Bass in it. Do yourselves s favour and go on the ferry/barge trip on the dam..awesome.

Sadly, the river is full of bass, they are hammering the bream and yellows. If you can find the fish, you can be into some fun fishing. Growng up near the area, we have fished some private stretches of the Blyde, only got bass though. There are crocs etc, so pasop. Good birdlife to, saw a pair of African Finfoot which was really awesome on one excersion.
    I LOVE the African Finfoot. No homo.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I LOVE the African Finfoot. No homo.

Jou biets.....
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Give Dullies a skip and try the sabie area if you're looking for a stream or two - they've got about 10km IIRC of good water and the permits are around R100 per day.

Google STAC and get Andrew Kanaris' number. If you dont find it send a me a pm.
    Check your knots!

Quote Originally Posted by jock0 View Post
    Give Dullies a skip and try the sabie area if you're looking for a stream or two - they've got about 10km IIRC of good water and the permits are around R100 per day.

Google STAC and get Andrew Kanaris' number. If you dont find it send a me a pm.
    They also have one of the prettiest still waters I've ever fished.
    You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamS View Post
    They also have one of the prettiest still waters I've ever fished.
    "Prettiest"? Homo.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    "Prettiest"? Homo.

Not as pretty as you, Mike.

no homo
    You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast