Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: litter cleanup of Cape Streams

Quote Originally Posted by damage View Post
    Ill Emply out the back of my van and we can throw all the K@K in there ill make a turn past the dump on the way home

/d
    Thanks Denton. This is a great offer as a plan B. we are trying hard to get the CN guys involved though, for the "brownie points"
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

cool ill bring it anyway for plan b or to ferry k@k from the different beats back to the handover point

/d
    What ever you do never confuse Fishing With catching Fish !!!!
    Fish Are Friends Not Food

But your reasoning has a fatal flaw; it overlooks the fact that to comprehend it requires that one rub a few brain cells against each other. The heat thus generated produces the light that illuminates the fact, but alas, not everybody has the resource required to fuel the process --SG

Well done guys, this is a brilliant initiative!
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

im there!!

I was pleased to see a CNC official at the car park yesterday morning. He redirected quite a few permitless "hikers" to the hotel to buy CNC entry permits whilst I was kitting up.. The fellow was a bit confused with my Wild card though, especially when I asked him where his card reading machine was. Nevertheless, a big improvement by just having CNC presence there. I saw no evidence of illegal "hikers" etc. Nice

Quote Originally Posted by NeilRowe View Post
    I was pleased to see a CNC official at the car park yesterday morning. He redirected quite a few permitless "hikers" to the hotel to buy CNC entry permits whilst I was kitting up.. The fellow was a bit confused with my Wild card though, especially when I asked him where his card reading machine was. Nevertheless, a big improvement by just having CNC presence there. I saw no evidence of illegal "hikers" etc. Nice
    Hi Neil, yes they should be there every saturday and Sunday from now on.
    The situation with the Wild Card is as follows:-
    If you have your CPS membership card with you, it should be viewed as a booking, due to the procedure that CPS goes through in faxing your name and beat booking through to CN when you book your beat.
    The Field rangers dont carry card readers. The procedure with hikers who have a wild card, still need to have a prmit. They will be sent down to the hotel for a "no charge " permit. This would apply to anglers who do not have their CPS permit on their possession.
    The wild card does not allow unfettered access, it merely provides for free access. the booking still needs to be made.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Hi Neil, yes they should be there every saturday and Sunday from now on.
    The situation with the Wild Card is as follows:-
    If you have your CPS membership card with you, it should be viewed as a booking, due to the procedure that CPS goes through in faxing your name and beat booking through to CN when you book your beat.
    The Field rangers dont carry card readers. The procedure with hikers who have a wild card, still need to have a prmit. They will be sent down to the hotel for a "no charge " permit. This would apply to anglers who do not have their CPS permit on their possession.
    The wild card does not allow unfettered access, it merely provides for free access. the booking still needs to be made.
    Thanks Andre

I had my CPS membership card with me and had booked the beat through Jean obviously. They were a bit confused by all this (I told them I was a CPS member and had booked a beat). Nevertheless, a start and long time overdue.

We normally start walking in at about 6.30 - 7am. Any idea what time the hotel "wakes" up should we require a permit for additional hikers? Alternatively, how does one book CNC access for non-CPS members who have valid Wild cards?

Quote Originally Posted by NeilRowe View Post
    Thanks Andre

I had my CPS membership card with me and had booked the beat through Jean obviously. They were a bit confused by all this (I told them I was a CPS member and had booked a beat). Nevertheless, a start and long time overdue.

We normally start walking in at about 6.30 - 7am. Any idea what time the hotel "wakes" up should we require a permit for additional hikers? Alternatively, how does one book CNC access for non-CPS members who have valid Wild cards?
    Non CPS member sthat have a wild card and want to fish, still have to go through the CPS office. A booking will be made, and they need to buy a temporary membership from CPS the temp membership is valid for 3 months. They will not have to pay the daily access fee of R25.00 if they have the Wild card. thier name and car reg will be sent to Cape nature, and their booking will be as effective as if they were a normal member. Temorary members also recieve a CPS card, it just has a different expiry date.
    As for the time the hotel wakes up...I don't know, but there should be someone on duty quite early. I will find this out for you, and get back.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    The procedure with hikers who have a wild card, still need to have a prmit. They will be sent down to the hotel for a "no charge " permit. The wild card does not allow unfettered access, it merely provides for free access. the booking still needs to be made.
    Hi Andre

Do you know if there is a daily limit on the number of people who are allowed to enter the reserve for hiking? Or can any number of hikers obtain permits?
    "We all fish for our own enjoyment - me for mine and you for yours, nobody can say what is right and what is wrong." - Jim Leisenring

Quote Originally Posted by nkula_nkula View Post
    Hi Andre

Do you know if there is a daily limit on the number of people who are allowed to enter the reserve for hiking? Or can any number of hikers obtain permits?
    Liam, at the moment there is no daily limit. two weeks ago on the Saturdey, there were 86 people on the Elands river and Krom River hiking trails, all had permits. Deon says that this situation is out of control, and they are looking at ways of somehow limiting it to a certain number. I have a meeting with Deon tommorrow, and will have more info. I will find out at our meeting this evening, what else I need to bring up with him.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast