Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 24 of 24

Thread: Cape Stream clinic

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Western Cape
    Posts
    7,613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GGY View Post
    SERIOUSLY, I would be happy to help with an on-water Stream Clinic in CT if my airfare costs were covered (i am sure Andre could pick me up from my mothers & drop me off @ the end of the day)

    Gary
    Gary, that would be great. Your input would certainly be valuable. One rule however... no dry and dropper...... just kidding. I think we should start planning this, and making it happen. I will make sure that your ticket is covered, if you in return, will agree to do a session with a couple of my provincial juniors.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    2,764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Gary, that would be great. Your input would certainly be valuable. One rule however... no dry and dropper...... just kidding. I think we should start planning this, and making it happen. I will make sure that your ticket is covered, if you in return, will agree to do a session with a couple of my provincial juniors.
    Andre is not a poor reflection of the skill level of the anglers in the WC that we have to import skills from other another Province???
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Western Cape
    Posts
    7,613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Umhlangarox View Post
    Andre is not a poor reflection of the skill level of the anglers in the WC that we have to import skills from other another Province???
    yes , a crying shame. just kidding, Gary is a mis placed Cape Town boy, who grew up on the Cape streams and has a lot to offer. When someone like Gary offers to assist, we don't ignore the offer.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Gauteng
    Posts
    1,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Umhlangarox View Post
    Andre is not a poor reflection of the skill level of the anglers in the WC that we have to import skills from other another Province???
    Be nice Matt...
    There are streams everywhere and i have ben fortunate to fish in many of them around the world...

    Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    yes , a crying shame. just kidding, Gary is a mis placed Cape Town boy, who grew up on the Cape streams and has a lot to offer. When someone like Gary offers to assist, we don't ignore the offer.
    Thanks Andre.
    To be honest, if Andre gets no positive responses to me participating in the clinic or can find a better/more suited local, then i should/would not be part of the clinic.
    One comment though - simply because i am NOT a local should be a good reason to involve me, since I bring different ideas from outside the pool of anglers living in the W. Cape.
    (Actually, i would be surprised to not see a version of my innovations/developments in most W. Cape anglers' flyboxes...)
    Gary
    Flytyer - Where great flytying begins

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •