Thread: 8wt setup

Default 8wt setup

Hi Gents and Ladys

I am tapering with the idea of buying an 8wt setup what you suggest. I have a 10wt TiCRX with a shilton and thought of doing the same setup with the 8wt as the 10wt is a little heavy for bones/tigerfish?

What line would you suggest with a setup like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Monster View Post
    Hi Gents and Ladys

I am tapering with the idea of buying an 8wt setup what you suggest. I have a 10wt TiCRX with a shilton and thought of doing the same setup with the 8wt as the 10wt is a little heavy for bones/tigerfish?

What line would you suggest with a setup like this?
    Hi Monster,

I have the 8wt TiCrX.. I have an Albright Tempest II reel on it, with some saltwater floating line on it... Can't recall the name of the line right now, but it's doing the job perfectly!!
    Fly fishing, fly tying & rod building.....

http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=2531

I have the Albright XX 8wt and the Albright GPX reel set-up. I also have spare spools for the reel, and the three line types from Albright: sinking, intermediate and floater. It is a great set-up and relatively very cheap compared to other brands. Have a look on their website, as they are always having some cracking deals......eg: I got a free spool.

Beefy

Thanks for the advice gents I will check out the albright web. Will probably buy the setup in September but it helps to ask the pros for some recearch