Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Garden Route update

I'll be at Sedgefield. Last year I did not pick up a rod as the weather was miserable. I'm only carrying the 5 weight and small flies for light action. Fishing the Vaal on the way back.

would recommend a heavier stick as there should be bigger fish around.....enjoy
    stephen is wishing he was fishing location x right now.......

Stephen Smith

I'm arming myself with a 5wt and 9wt so hopefully that should cover it. Probably a little optimistic with the 9 but I have spent time (and money) this year to get the right setup so hopefully I can get bigger Leeries, Kob etc etc.

Anyone got any updates thus far on the area??

I am on holiday from next week here in Knysna. Been hearing about nice fish comming out, Kob, Leerie and grunter, so there should be action if the wind does not blow us tto hell.
    Water is warm enough, just stay away from Ashmead channel.
    Belvidere/ Crabscreek area had some serious chases when I went for a beer or 12, keeping one eye on the water.
    " Not tonight baby! I gotta fly"

Ashmead?
    That is the problem with Knysna to many watering holes next to the water.
    My dad said Sedgefield mouth is open, and the gusy have been getting Grunter on bait.

Ashmead had a sewege problem a while ago. There has not been any action on that stretch of water.
    I'll be targeting the crabs area at the white bridge over the festive season. Some shad also comminng out.

You should be there NOW, good rains a few weeks ago will have all the rivers open for the season. I will be there from the 21st and as I use to guide there I will be popping at at some of my old spots. Just taking a 6wt allong this time and a spinning stick, if there is bigger fish around I will just use the spin stick.

Bellvedere channel is also going to be a huge hit and miss, EARLY morning, before the holiday makers in the house boats stuff up everything. You need a boat to get to the best spot on that stretch. Or a ski or another floating device. You can walk but be warned, some heavy mud allong that bank.

Sedge will be the same, one or two good spot here and there, but the boats is a huge pain.

Carl, gee my n lui, jy weet mos ek en jy kan n paar geheime gate gaan deel en dalk n kiekie of twee ook gaan vat
    Photography Rules!
    www.dewaldkirsten.co.za

Awesome! Seems there are going to be a couple of us forumers in the same area! As mentioned, I will be in the Wilderness area but will be fishing Sedgefield most of the time. I am sure a jaunt off to Knysna before day break could be arranged! I also have a ski (2 seater) so can access a couple of the channels.

Let me know if anyone would be keen to meet up.

Tight lines all and be safe out there!

Good and bad news is that there won't be any house boats as lightleys had to close its doors.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789