Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Yellow fin tuna flies

Okay, so the flyfishing for the YFT didn't quite happen, as casting a fly off a kayak in heavy wind is not all that easy. But, at least I did get to sample the taste of fresh fish when I got two longtail tuna on a small spinning rod using a small green and silver spoon. Next time, I hope for no wind and a little more time to make a cast.......

Thanks for the advice anyway!!!!

They don't quite compare to Jono's, but my wide belly makes them look smaller than their real size
    Attached Images Attached Images

SHAME !

Pik jy altyd op kleintjies ???

Well done, hope next time you get to chuck a fly, I imagine a tunny that size on a light rod must give you a hell of a rev!
    Last edited by Scythe; 03-03-10 at 06:26 PM.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieŽ" - Ago 2014.

Complete.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by beefybovril View Post
    Hi there

Anyone got any kick-ass flies to suggest to use for YFT? Might have an oppurtunity to fish for them in the next couple of weekends.

Any SBS, pics or suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Beefy
    Complete.jpg
    Dear Beefy: Hopefully this attached correctly, Yakking baitfish in 2/0-5/0, folded synthetic and natural fibers, blended to get the colors right, belly is white, I blend farrars flash blend with poly bear and flash n slinky and yak all in white, push the bundles together and fold em in half, cut the excess loop off and re tie it after pulling the tips, do the same with the wing materials, same blend, just different colors, double over and they you have two same halves, stick on eyes and finish with liquid fusion, two coats, best fishes, decker

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123