Thread: Harties area?

Default Harties area?

I'll be visiting the Hartebeespoort area during the weekend of 17th March.
    Any ideas of good venues around Harties, Brits, etc?
    No preference on species - just looking for good fun on my 5/6wt rig...
    Save our Yellows!

Stay away from De Rust then ... BIG Barble, BIG Carp and some LM Bass type structure within say 1kms walk.

Mate of mine has sacrificed 2 7/8WT Rods to big ... nay ... HUGE ... barble.

If you have a tube, it will help and be prepared for the most disgusting water you have ever seen or been in.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

I always enjoyed fishing at De Rust when I lived in Pretoria. I have caught Bass, Carp & Barbel but all on 8/9 wt. This is basically the only spot I know of at the dam itself, the rest of the dam seems quite difficult to get access to. Maybe also try below the dam wall in the Crcodile river. There are yellows as well as bass, barbel & tilapia in the pool right below the wall.

Be sure to wear waders, the water is not the greatest & usually full of algae this time of the year.

Cheers

Alan

You could go just below the dam wall on Kosmos' side.
    There is a couple of other venues on the other side of the dam as well, take a drive out to Hennops.
    I dont have any contact details unfortunately.
    If you pm me, I'll see what I can do, maybe I can take you out to some of the places there.
    Daryl Human

The solution to any problem -- work, love, money, whatever -- is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

Thanx guys. I grew up in the area, but scenery has changed rapidly over the past few years with all the new development around Meerhof, Ifafi & Kosmos.
    I was also thinking about the pools below the wall - no tube or waders involved tho... just my wading stick and Chota boots.
    Hope I don't wade like Wade... (underwater)
    Anyone know if there are still bass around the Yacht club next to the snake park?
    Wade also mentioned "Klein Paradys" when he visited me last week... Maybe give that a try.
    Save our Yellows!

Oom Louis used to catch alot of barble around the area there by the yacht club.
    I'm sure that there is still bass around, and there is literally tons of kurper, so they could keep you busy if you fish light!
    Daryl Human

The solution to any problem -- work, love, money, whatever -- is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach