Thread: Blast from the past

Default Blast from the past

Man it's been a while....

About a year since i read something on this forum. And, about a year since i've hit the water. Well, I'm back, all is well but I'll have to rebuild my fishing gear from SCRATCH!!!!! Still have all my tying stuff but the rods and stuff are history. Let me know how you guys are doing. Let's meet up some time. Are the Vaal trips still going? We need to have a reunion methinks

I see the our resident GOF, Mr Williams is still alive I'm very happy about that, another thing to smile about, and I see Gerrit is still around. Nice to 'c' u guys.

Werner
    Fishing is just my thing. I don't know what it is but it seems that i just can't get enough of it.

Hi Werries, groente hier van PTA af.

Welkom terug!

Thanks man, feeste om terug te wees. Hoop dit gaan goed.
    Fishing is just my thing. I don't know what it is but it seems that i just can't get enough of it.

Quote Originally Posted by wernerm View Post
    Man it's been a while....
    Waar val jy uit??? VT, Friday after work, as usual!
    "I'm just a beer drinker with a flyfishing problem"

Sounds like a plan, i might just see you there. Round 6? I might even bring Linda with.

Quote Originally Posted by wernerm View Post
    Sounds like a plan, i might just see you there. Round 6? I might even bring Linda with.
    The "dead" do sometimes resurface.

Howzit Werner, good to see you are back in the land of decent fishing

Vaal trips seem to have fallen by the wayside, especially seeing there's been no fishing since Jan up to now 'cos of the floods.

Time for you to get back into the SNOOZE, oops I meant GROOVE.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Hey Werner hope things are ok. Nice to have you back. Pity you sold the FF kit though. Go have a beer with the boys tomoro. I missed that blank Hoodie of yours as the avatar. Welkom terug Boet.
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Thanks you guys, yeah times were tough in CT, the FF equipment was the absolute last to go. But alas, Africa is not for sissies I'll see some of the boyz 2night. Eina kopseer. Hehe....