Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: big fish on light tackle

Quote Originally Posted by William Ewels View Post
    It's all good Andre Where will you be taking me fishing in December/Jan? Happy to do any salty twigging, or heavier stuff if it's on offer.
    (I only need to keep 8-9 Jan clear for my Dad's birthday in Somerset West.)

It would be nice to meet some of the other flytalk members as well. Some might want to have a little cast with my custom 2wt - if I haven't busted it on a big fish by then
    Thats a good time pretty much anywhere. Usually garden Route is good at that time, 8 jan hey?? your Dad must be a seriously good guy. Thats my birthday too.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Andre yeah, January seems to be a good month for nice people. My ol'man is turning 80 so it'll be big bash - he's a great man, a kind man, and a pal. He's only fit for light-duty fishing now - he's knees are not good - a bit at Blakes Beach and some parts of the mid/upper Lourens are okay for him.

So anyway the idea of somewhere down the Garden Route appeals to me greatly - I'm excited already. Perhaps we should start another thread on that. If there is enough interest we could turn it into an Ultra-Light Salty Clinic and charge the punters to attend (kidding)

Did I mention I'm desperate for a really big striped mullet!? I got a small one on a soft little 3wt during a brief visit to De Mond a couple of years ago. But now I want more bigger!!

The highest form of existence is play.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567