Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Tenkara fishing

Default Tenkara fishing

Its a traditional japanese method of fly fishing. Very interesting... going to have to try it.
    Already being done on the Cape streams, by some maverick unorthodoxios.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LGshAotMzng&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_ US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LGshAotMzng&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_ US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/N40BOFYKR38&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_ US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/N40BOFYKR38&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_ US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

D@mn, the links dont work...going to have to try again......
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Rudolph
    No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance.
    Confucius

Look's like you might need a 12ft rod to land a fish without line to strip or a reel
    Rudolph
    No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance.
    Confucius

Thanks Rudolph...ya, 12 foot rods, no reel, light line and tippett, sounds like fun. It is apparently one of the oldest form of fly fishing, and started out by using willow branches, and moved onto leather "whips". Seems to be catchiong on in the States.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Thanks Rudolph...ya, 12 foot rods, no reel, light line and tippett, sounds like fun. It is apparently one of the oldest form of fly fishing, and started out by using willow branches, and moved onto leather "whips". Seems to be catchiong on in the States.
    www.tenkarausa.com - not catching on - been there for a LONG time! Also, the rods are very cheap!
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

I seem to remember Neil Rowe having a go at this but I might be wrong?
    Check your knots!

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jock0 View Post
    I seem to remember Neil Rowe having a go at this but I might be wrong?
    Nope, not wrong - Ed as well.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Neil is the guy doing it consistently. to each his own.

That's true Matt. I like it. Most wo'nt. Too far left of centre.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast