Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leliekloof - Pictoral

1. Default Leliekloof - Pictoral

I've posted this on some other forums, so please excuse if this is a double-read for some of you.

Some pics from Saturday's fishing. Great day out with some great people!!!

Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

2. Default

Dries (the owner) stripping a female for the new season's stocking.
    Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

KYPE KAPITAL . those "ballies" got some serious hook jaws.

4. Default

Sexually mature males - very impressive, very aggressive. One took to having a few nips at Klaas as he removed his fly from the mouth, some nasty teeth as well!!!
    Mario Geldenhuys

I just love this venue! My own telly for the day was 11 fish, one of 4.1kg and 2 that was just under 4kg! Klaas, Mario and Neil also caught quite a couple and some really big ones too. The fish are all in great shape. This is an example of a well managed dam. The owner Dries breeds his own fish and from the eggs stripped from 3 or 4 hens on Saterday he reckons he will have about 4000 eggs! 20% success with hatching and he will have another 800 fingerlings to stock next year for these masive trout to feast on. As for those that survive, well lets just say they will grow to be huge!

Fantastic to see so many kype jawed son's of a b!tch.

That's the one thing which sucks when you fish triploid stocked venues. That hookjaw.

EDIT : Or lack thereof rather ...

Lovely pics Mario, lovely fish too.
    Last edited by Scythe; 02-08-10 at 04:33 PM.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieŽ" - Ago 2014.

Wow! Jealousy is an understatement Well done guys! Tell me, where is this Leliekloof and can anyone fish there?

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by rohann View Post
    Wow! Jealousy is an understatement Well done guys! Tell me, where is this Leliekloof and can anyone fish there?
    Check www.leliekloof.co.za - and yes, anyone can fish there.
    Mario Geldenhuys

We fished Leliekloof last weekend and its an awesoem venue.The cold and wind were against us a bit and we only managed 3 fish between 6 anglers.I got two,one a absolute whopper of 74cm and a smaller one of 54cm.Both cock fish,both massive hook jaws and very strong.The owner says the fish are definately getting a lot more fly shy and the very good clarity,in excess of 3metres does not help either.
    It does seem however that the fishing is very good at the sstart of April when he opens the venue and then dies down a lot here towards July.We seemed to have got the bad end,well bad in numbers but my fish made my weekend.
    No question i will be back.

Here is a cellphone pic of the 54cmtrout.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast