Thread: Thrift - How's the Fishing?

Default Thrift - How's the Fishing?

Hey,

Has anyone on this forum fished Thrift lately? I will be in the that area mid August. If I get time I would not mind wetting my line. The last time my son & I had a productive weekend there.

Is is still so weedy & is the dam still so low?

later
    Francois

http://www.ecff.co.za/?q=forum/38
    Try these okies, they will help, but like any water anywhere in the world, at any given time, the fishing will be great, but if not, it won't be great, and if you don't get a lot of fish, you might only get a few.... but guaranteed, you will love the place.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Try these okies, they will help, but like any water anywhere in the world, at any given time, the fishing will be great, but if not, it won't be great, and if you don't get a lot of fish, you might only get a few.... but guaranteed, you will love the place.
    ROFL ! In other words ... "I don't know, but go anyways"
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Scythe View Post
    ROFL ! In other words ... "I don't know, but go anyways"
    Yup, thats pretty much the colour of it... but if there are fish there (which there are) they can be caught. The only variable, will be the amount of effort and savvy required to catch them. One day you can get a truckload, the next, nothing, by doing the same thing...strange game this fishing thing...
    Last edited by Andre; 02-08-10 at 08:00 PM.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

That all sounds like advice that Dave Walker in Rhodes would give... one is never sure if you actualy gained some usefull information from him, but at least the fall-about brew was good while you chatted!
    It isn't essential to my enjoyment of fishing that I catch fish, only that I know there are fish in the water.

/l ,[____],
    l---L -OlllllllO-
    ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

If a man speaks in the middle of a forest and there is no woman around to hear him - is he still wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by arnoc View Post
    That all sounds like advice that Dave Walker in Rhodes would give... one is never sure if you actualy gained some usefull information from him, but at least the fall-about brew was good while you chatted!
    Ya, but if Dave says 3 words to you, you can count yourself priviledged. If he smiles at you...be afraid..... very strange boy that, but likeable nonetheless.

Ya, but if Dave says 3 words to you, you can count yourself priviledged. If he smiles at you...be afraid..... very strange boy that, but likeable nonetheless.
    To those that have never met Dave the comments here might sound like he is a little off. He is not, in fact Dave is one of the nicest people you could ever meet. Always keen to have a chat and always keen to share a laugh.

I've been privilidged to have known Dave for a long time now, and the man is one of the biggest reasons that Rhodes and the surrounding area is on the map. Take the new landing strip/airfield - all Dave. The WTA - all Dave!!

Big up Dave - you deserve it!!
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

I ment my comments very tongue in the cheek. I have also known the man at the centre of the universe (deduced from his statement that Rhodes is at the centre of the universe) for a long time and have the world of respect and admiration for the man that I am convinced moonlights as Christmas father!
    If you ever visit Rhodes it is compulsary to make a turn at Walkerbouts and meet the legend (even though not compulsary, the pizzas and his fallabout brew comes highly recommended).
    It isn't essential to my enjoyment of fishing that I catch fish, only that I know there are fish in the water.

/l ,[____],
    l---L -OlllllllO-
    ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

If a man speaks in the middle of a forest and there is no woman around to hear him - is he still wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by arnoc View Post
    WOW!! Sounds like a interesting charactor, rather then ff on my own. Consistently catch trout, but not ashamed to say have blanked on occasions. Not discouraged by no means either. Read the water, know your quarry and it's habitat, PERIOD!!

DAVE
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.