Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New here

Default New here

Hi all

I came across this site and have to say I'm very excited. Bought myself a fly rod some years ago and only bought line and reel a couple of months ago. No idea what took me so long. I love the sport, bass and r&s mostly. Always wanted to try my hand at fly, now I finally have the setup but yet to use it for something else than practicing casting.

I am sure this site will be the place to meet new friends and learn a lot more about the art. Can't wait to start chatting and get to know you all.

Welcome I'm sure you'll enjoy the company and the lots of good info available. This site has to be just about the friendliest anywhere

cheers
    Chris
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

Welcome to " These are the days of our lines...." lol never a dull moment here!

Seriously welcome enjoy you will learn much and laugh even more, use the search function and you will find much needed info.

Shaun

Smile

Thanks guys, been reading some posts all day. I have more questions than answers now but in time all will make better sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Myl100 View Post
    Thanks guys, been reading some posts all day. I have more questions than answers now but in time all will make better sense.
    Dont beleive Chris or Crooser,(SHAUN) we can be ''*****es'' too.

DAVE
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Quote Originally Posted by poppernel View Post
    Dont beleive Chris or Crooser,(SHAUN) we can be ''*****es'' too.

DAVE
    What a Chop!

Welcome and feel free to ask anything , and you will find dozens of guys willing to offer advice and assistance. You take the advice you think you can use, and resiprocate by sharing few of your own ideas and feedback.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Will do just that thanks Andre. What I find very exiting is the fact the the members are from all over and there seems to be a camaraderie (not sure of spelling). One should be able to find buddies regardless of where you plan to go fishing?

Will do just that thanks Andre. What I find very exiting is the fact the the members are from all over and there seems to be a camaraderie (not sure of spelling). One should be able to find buddies regardless of where you plan to go fishing?
    Ya, we are all part of the "Broederbond of the fluff chuckers".
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Welcome Myl100, hope you enjoy your time here. Why not read up a bit on the yellowfish threads and join us on a Vaal trip when it starts to get a bit warmer.
    Andrew Schlosser

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left - Seasick Steve

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast