Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sage VXP rods

Quote Originally Posted by shector View Post
    Interesting grips, Mike

I wonder what the general action of the TXL-F is? Is it the same as the old TXL's?
    Hi Shector

The primary difference is that it is 33% lighter and is now a 4 piece rod.

Sage have utilized the latest version of their G5 technology and improved the recovery and improved sensitivity of the blank, while relaxing the casting action.

Well, that's what we have read, we will be casting one this afternoon and I can only speculate that I will be upgrading my personal ultra light rods...

Regards

I really hate it when Sage brings out new stuff, as it just means I have to feed my greed. One thing I have learned about Sage, is just when you think they have brought out a rod that cannot be improved on, they come out with something better. Flippin irritating I tell you
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

I cannot remember who said it but in 1899 someone said "everything that could be invented has been" How wrong was he..........Now when will Sage reach this stage?? or are they re-cycling the same great rods in a different package or are the advances they are making in fishing tackle really that an advance in there understanding of the fishing stick.
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Stellenbosch and Kuils River, Western Cape

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    I really hate it when Sage brings out new stuff, as it just means I have to feed my greed. One thing I have learned about Sage, is just when you think they have brought out a rod that cannot be improved on, they come out with something better. Flippin irritating I tell you
    Andre
    Does this mean u are getting rid of your ZXL? I'll be glad to take it off your hands

Andre
    Does this mean u are getting rid of your ZXL? I'll be glad to take it off your hands
    We can't see the current ZXL's being surpassed at the moment, they are just such awesome sticks, so I doubt that there will be anything going there...

Andre
    Hi Stanton, my ZXL is one of my prized possessions, and possibly the most beautiflu flyrod ever made..... except for my Z-axis, my 99, my other z-axis,... my TXL 2wt, my TXL 000wt....., my other Z-axis, and my... aw heck man... you know what i mean.....
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Stellenbosch and Kuils River, Western Cape

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Hi Stanton, my ZXL is one of my prized possessions, and possibly the most beautiflu flyrod ever made..... except for my Z-axis, my 99, my other z-axis,... my TXL 2wt, my TXL 000wt....., my other Z-axis, and my... aw heck man... you know what i mean.....
    Ja, they're all beautiful

Ja, they're all beautiful
    I will bring it to the Bells, you are welcome to use it if you like, I'm getting serously into my 4wt 99 on the streams at the moment.

OK, so we have just opened the boxes and tubes with the new sticks in them...

TXL-F
    First thing is the tube, it is a matt finish with bronze end caps. Stunning!
    Then the grip, this is the way all small stream rod grips should be, it just works... it kinda makes sure that your casting stroke is properly in-line and that you finish in the correct place.
    The action is brilliant, crisp and responsive, yet nice and soft.
    And then it looks good enough to kiss... beautiful deep rich burgundy blank and wraps that are almost invisible, tipped with silver trim...

ZXP
    CORDURA rod tube with the place to leave the reel on the blank.
    Stunning action, quick and light, fast and crisp, and there is plenty of power in the but.
    Awesome, rich, deep green colour, with matching, almost invisible wraps, with silver tips.
    Reel seat and components are stunning...
    For a rod that's going to retail for just above R4k, from the Sage stable, this is something special.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier Fly Fishing View Post
    OK, so we have just opened the boxes and tubes with the new sticks in them...

TXL-F
    First thing is the tube, it is a matt finish with bronze end caps. Stunning!
    Then the grip, this is the way all small stream rod grips should be, it just works... it kinda makes sure that your casting stroke is properly in-line and that you finish in the correct place.
    The action is brilliant, crisp and responsive, yet nice and soft.
    And then it looks good enough to kiss... beautiful deep rich burgundy blank and wraps that are almost invisible, tipped with silver trim...

ZXP
    CORDURA rod tube with the place to leave the reel on the blank.
    Stunning action, quick and light, fast and crisp, and there is plenty of power in the but.
    Awesome, rich, deep green colour, with matching, almost invisible wraps, with silver tips.
    Reel seat and components are stunning...
    For a rod that's going to retail for just above R4k, from the Sage stable, this is something special.
    ZXP?

Do the tubes look like this? (Attached pic) Space for your reel?

The blank colour is Deep forest green or something they say, and the wraps are dark green. Seems to match very well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast