Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    So THAT's were you are hiding!!! Howzit bud?
    Mario! How you been? Long time!

Indeed, these islands make great hideouts! Just keeping on keeping on!

Hows the rug rat? He must be trying a little loop by now? Hope well you!

Quote Originally Posted by SaGixer View Post
    Mike!! You didnt tell me you have family out there!!!
    Dude, it is shock, horror!! My Dad's cousin's are all in Seychelles. One of them runs the hotel on Bird Island! They also have friends who are busy "relocating" (spending more time there than in SA) who have a house in the Marina (not to sure of the development name but know it is well marketed in SA) and they have a boat! I have mentioned to them that it will be "hi-jacked" for a trip or three.

Now just to get my butt there! Me thinks we need to sit over a whiskey and plan!?

Quote Originally Posted by fdavis View Post
    Mario! How you been? Long time!

Indeed, these islands make great hideouts! Just keeping on keeping on!

Hows the rug rat? He must be trying a little loop by now? Hope well you!
    You there for keeps now??

Rugrat? Try plural man!!!

Life is good - just got a couple of hard decisions to make, maybe 2011 will look a whole lot different
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelS View Post
    Now just to get my butt there! Me thinks we need to sit over a whiskey and plan!?
    FoSho Man!! I will do anything for a good whisky...
    Even go so low as to discuss a trip to Sey

I'll be sure to add pics as they taken - just to keep you all a shade of green!
    I want to get sick everytime I look up at the top right of your post and read your location...
    I hope the beer is K@K over there...
    Regards
    Adrian

'Life is not a matter of holding good cards but of playing a poor hand well.' ~Robert Louis Stevenson

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a man and a dog.~ Mark Twain.

Please remove this character from the forum..he is clearly abusing us... Flippin awesome bro...Who ever said teaching wasn't a great job..looks fantastic to me!!
    Fly fishing, fly tying & rod building.....

http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=2531

[QUOTE=SaGixer;174895]FoSho Man!! I will do anything for a good whisky...
    Even go so low as to discuss a trip to Sey

Whiskey is a given, always time for one or more of those!

As for the trip, hm, budget will prevail but then again, I don't think we could cut the better halves out of this one and claim "boys trip" as this would certainly be deemed as a "Lady Friendly" location!

I really would like to go and trying to see what is happening leave wise next year already!
    Last edited by MichaelS; 19-10-10 at 01:48 PM.

Awesome pics bro...

Wish I could just walk out my door right onto the flats and fish for bones...

I have to settle for walking out my front door, cross the street and fish for 50 - 100kg zambi's and blackfin but would prefer to throw fly tho

Unfortunately up in Jhb but travel countrywide

...That being said, we we have good numbers of bones, permit and golden trevally (the flats triple in my opinion!) on the flats with a variety of other visitors including chanos chanos (the fabled milkfish), a variety of Kingies (mostly yellowspot and blue fin), triggers if you on the bricks at the lighthouse, a few toothy critters (pickhandles and garfish) and millions of the rats and mice (small snapper, purse mouth, emperors, etc)...
    Hello Fdavis...

You bring back fond memories of Praslin. Thanks for sharing your front yard. Also had good fun with the willing fish. Saw lots of Pompano, but could not get them to eat. The most fish I saw (and caught) were the Small Spot Pompano that would not give the kingies a break. Was also quite amazed that shoals of small Bonnies were plentiful on the drop-off's. Loved the grass flats on South East of the island but sadly never got to fish it even though I saw bonefish there.

Thanks again for sharing and for bringing back wonderful memories.

Ciao
    Sudesh

ps. Saw a number of small blackfin sharks in the shallows at dusk, but they were super skittish and never got a shot at them

Right, Its confirmed, I will be in your neck of the woods in September 2011...

What do I need to bring with to bribe you to take me to your fav spots???

I will be staying at Paradise Sun and my wife too be is VERY understanding!...
    Regards
    Adrian

'Life is not a matter of holding good cards but of playing a poor hand well.' ~Robert Louis Stevenson

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a man and a dog.~ Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianPowrie View Post
    I will be staying at Paradise Sun and my wife too be is VERY understanding!...
    Well if that's what you want to call me, its fine. But I will break your neck if you go and fish without me!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast